“First class food, first class service.”
Review of Brasserie Lipp

Brasserie Lipp
Ranked #61 of 2,017 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Bienvenue à la Brasserie Lipp! Our restaurant: Traditional French brew-pub fare served amidst the carefree joie de vivre of the Belle Époque. Market-fresh homestyle cooking for gourmets and lovers of seafood, oysters, and fine wines. Parisian-style business lunch, elegant dinner, or hearty breakfast — Brasserie Lipp Restaurant is always a good choice. If you’re looking for a great meal in lively surroundings, then Lipp is the place to go!
Reviewed March 6, 2013

First class food, first class service. Cannot be beaten in freshness and quality. In the city center, near Bahnhofstrasse

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I know Zurich very well and eat out a LOT. I instinctively always avoided this bistro. But in recent times have eaten lunch here twice. Its dreadful. The seating is awkward, the staff is DREADFUL and with such terrible bad and also overworked attitudes. They are simply rude. i saw the maitre de, a woman,snarl and wave off a customer trying to speak with her as she picked up a private call on her mobile phone while attending over a table in the front room. Worst. The food is terrible. Yesterday I had a pot au feu.....oh dear. The time before I was invited to lunch and it was so bad I cannot remember at all what I had...totally erased. this city has wonderful restaurants. No need to come to this one.

2  Thank victoria c
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Since my first visit was so pleasant, I returned to the brasserie a week ago for lunch. This time I was alone. As a "woman of a certain age" I was pleased to have been served with care and enthusiasm. The fish, the first time I ever tried sea bass, was superb. My drink selection was served perfectly. This is a "must-go" restaurant in a city full of wonderful restaurants.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was packed in Brasserie Lipp, the decor was amazing and there was plenty of ambiance. It was like being in a dining hall at a college.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Firstly, the decor of this Bistro is lovely; the light fittings are especially interesting and quite beautiful.

The service was very hit and miss, with our waitress having long chats with customers whilst leaving other customers' food waiting to be served, and not really seeming like she was in control of her section.

The food is very overpriced (99CHF for 25 oysters, and around 50CHF for 900g of mussels, for example) but everything that we saw come out looked very nice. The mussels came in a quaint pot, but the sauce was very bland despite being well prepared (I have never seen vegetables diced so finely!). Also there was a lot of grit in the mussel sauce, so you couldn't eat the soupy sauce.

They had a great selection of desserts and I was looking forward to finishing our meal with something sweet but unfortunately the lemon meringue tart that I ordered was absolutely terrible! The meringue was completely uncooked, just finished with a blowtorch to brown the outside. It was just like eating an uncooked pavlova on a hard pastry case with a little lemon butter and some couli and cream. The uncooked meringue totally overpowered everything making the dish far too sweet and dense.

1  Thank tron412