Being there on business am not able to advise as to how well located is this hotel from downtown & touristy stuff.
All I know is the hotel is rather unassuming on the outside, located amid what seemed to be a commercial plaza recently built on the site of an old papermill.
Inside though it is modern, functionality perfected to minute detail, good sized rooms, an incredibily roomy walk-in shower, decently sized rooms, perfect bed.
Good breakfast, very good service, spotless clean all-around, caring & attentive staff and very efficient & expedite (sat in line to check in with other 5 guests and what seemed likely to take 30 min or so, took less than 15.
Not to mention the affordable price.
Three minor drawbacks:
because of the location the view is virtually non existent. You cannot see much else but concrete walls or glazed windows from the buildings accross the the plaza's narrow walkways. Natural light is also quite hindered cause of it.
The other one is the washing sink placed literally in the entrance hallway of the suite. Felt a bit awkward. An unneccessary tribute to modern design.
Last but not least, wifi is not free. In 2013, yep.
If, as many reviewers here attest, the hotel is also in decent proximity of the downtown/shopping area then it sits truly high on the consideration list when traveling to Zurich, be it for bussiness or for leisure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located in the heart of Zurich, on the grounds of the former paper mill and combines existing architecture with modern construction technology. The hotel is center of a microcosm with diverse restaurants, cafes, 80 shops, the largest multiplex cinema in Switzerland, an event location and office spaces. The 132 rooms, including eight junior suites and four senior suites, are air conditioned and offer convenient amenities and a design-oriented ambience. Classic, modern and charming: The Rampe Süd Restaurant with its carefully composed style is perfectly adapted to its surroundings in Sihlcity. The culinary duo Mario Rich & Tim Metzner create and interpret a surprising new way of international, national and regional classics with their team. The trendy furnished Urbano Bar & Lounge offers hotel guests and locals a wide range of cocktails and a special snack menu. Featuring eight partly combineable meeting rooms and a capacity for up to 450 delegates, the seminar hotel in Zurich Sihlcity is perfectly suited for your meeting in Zurich. All meeting rooms are air-conditioned, well-lit and equipped with state-of-the-art conference technology. HD Laser projectors allow to present in daylight and six 82 "Interactive Smart TVs provide a new interactive presentation experience. The new Smart Food concept guarantees a healthy and varied seminar food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich Hotel
- 4 Points By Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich
- Four Points zürich
- Four Points Sihlcity Zurich
- Four Points Zurich
- zürich Four Points