My husband travels to Zürich on business at least once per month, although generally he stays at the Sheraton in City Centre because it is a more convenient location for his office and they have a better breakfast that is included at no additional charge. However, he stays at the Four Points often enough that most of the staff know him by name if not by sight. I joined him on this trip for a bit of a holiday and to visit friends. We stayed at the Four Points for one night after returning to Zürich from a weekend elsewhere and before a morning flight back to the US.
Because my husband has SPG Platinum status, we were upgraded to a suite. The room was lovely and the bathroom was especially nice. Although we were surprised that the room's safe was not large enough to hold his laptop. Which was surprising for two reasons: 1) As a business hotel, you would think they would ensure that the safes were large enough for something as essential as a laptop; and 2) he has stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions in the past and this is the only time he has had this difficulty. (If the hotel manager is reading this, Room 219 needs a larger in-room safe!)
I was quite pleased with the quality of the dinner at the hotel restaurant. The last time I ate a meal here was shortly after the hotel opened when we were still living in Zürich and I was not favorably impressed. However, in the intervening years the quality of the food had improved dramatically. Both my husband and I were very happy with our meals and spread the word to our friends in the Zürich area that it is worth a visit if they are near SihlCity at dinner time.
We did receive some mixed service while at the hotel. Because we had stayed the previous Monday - Friday at the Sheraton and then planned a weekend elsewhere, I dropped a suitcase off on Friday afternoon before heading to the airport. The woman at the reception desk that afternoon could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. However, when we checked in Monday evening for our one night before flying out in the morning, the woman was abrupt to the point of rudeness. My husband did not recognize her, which means she was likely a relatively new employee. If so, she requires a lot more training on what is appropriate customer service! The remainder of the hotel staff and the restaurant staff were all quite friendly and provided excellent service. However, one bad encounter can be difficult to overcome completely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located in the heart of Zurich, on the grounds of the former paper mill and combines existing architecture with modern construction technology. The hotel is center of a microcosm with diverse restaurants, cafes, 80 shops, the largest multiplex cinema in Switzerland, an event location and office spaces. The 132 rooms, including eight junior suites and four senior suites, are air conditioned and offer convenient amenities and a design-oriented ambience. Classic, modern and charming: The Rampe Süd Restaurant with its carefully composed style is perfectly adapted to its surroundings in Sihlcity. The culinary duo Mario Rich & Tim Metzner create and interpret a surprising new way of international, national and regional classics with their team. The trendy furnished Urbano Bar & Lounge offers hotel guests and locals a wide range of cocktails and a special snack menu. Featuring eight partly combineable meeting rooms and a capacity for up to 450 delegates, the seminar hotel in Zurich Sihlcity is perfectly suited for your meeting in Zurich. All meeting rooms are air-conditioned, well-lit and equipped with state-of-the-art conference technology. HD Laser projectors allow to present in daylight and six 82 "Interactive Smart TVs provide a new interactive presentation experience. The new Smart Food concept guarantees a healthy and varied seminar food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich Hotel
- 4 Points By Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich
- Four Points zürich
- Four Points Sihlcity Zurich
- Four Points Zurich
- zürich Four Points