“a positive surprise”

Fleming's Hotel Zurich
Ranked #78 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This 3star hotel proved to be a positive surprise. Locations is good and rooms are nicely renovated (the in-room shower cubicle might be less suited when travelling with friends). Breakfast was very tasty as well. I have stayed in 4star hotels that did not live up to the standards on offer here. Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear beograd72,

thank you for your nice description and your good rating.
The only thing I have to correct, we are not even a 3 star hotel. As a design hotel we are unfortunately even not categorized.
So it`s a pleasure for us to welcome you again next time at the Fleming`s Hotel Zürich.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at Flemings in July and were pleasantly surprised by the hospitality and professional appearance of the staff. The location is great as it is only a few steps away from Zurich financial center. Breakfast was included and was a nice way to start the day.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business travellers. I will return again in November.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Martin S.,

Thank you for your top rating. It`s a pleasure for us to welcome you again at the Fleming`s Hotel Zürich.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here twice, once in August for 2 nights and once in early September for 1 night.

My first stay I found the hotel very easily, good location, quiet at night, easy to get everywhere and only a couple of streets above the tram line.

The hotel itself is quite small, but the girls at reception were always very nice and friendly. I needed a electric adaptor and they gave me one straight away and let me keep for my 2 night stay, I asked for extra pillows (you get 2 on the bed but they are so soft they squash to virtually flat as soon as you put your head on them!)

The first room I had was a single room on the 1st floor, overlooking an internal courtyard. The room was very small but clean and had everything you needed, it was very dark though, so if I had been spending much time in the room it would have been a little depressing.

The 2nd room I had was on the 3rd floor and was a double (2 single beds together), this was at the front of the building so a lot brighter thankfully, again all very clean. Good toiletries (the white company) and apples in the room.

As has been mentioned the bathroom/ shower set up is a bit weird, with the shower being part of the room but its an unusual quirk rather than being annoying, although I was by myself - I'm not sure if I would have liked it if I was there with anyone else!

Breakfast was nice and again the girls at reception, who serve as waitresses as well, we're very helpful. Ok range of food, just a little too small an area, so if there are more than a few people in the area it feels a bit cramped.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing double room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Tweetiepie99,
Thank you for your rating and your detailed description about the Fleming`s Hotel Zürich.
We very much also like to pass the positive assessment on for our employees.
I would like to add merely that our single rooms are really very quiet by the situation into the inner courtyard for a town hotel.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business (my second stay) and found the location and room very good. I was alone, but people need to be aware of the totally glassed shower cabinet in the bedroom, (note, not in the bathroom), so no privacy there!

Breakfast was a pleasant buffet at clean, well presented tables. I also had the cold supper buffet on my first night, which was limited but fine.

I have knocked off a mark for the inflexibility - 12 noon is checkout time but I had a spare morning and wanted to extend very slightly, to 12.45. I was told that was not possible as they were fully booked unless I paid 30 francs. I'm not sure why these two things go together; if fully booked is the issue, it shouldn't be possible to extend at all, why allow it for money?!!

Otherwise the staff were great, friendly and personable and I would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank peterandbrenda_10
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear peterandbrenda_10,
Thank you for your description and your praise of our staff at the reception.
The room is in a modern art, so the glass shower gives more lightness for the room.
I want to apologize for the inconvenience at the late check out.
Our statement is, that the Housekeping is not our own, so we have to pay for every our they stay longer at the hotel,
This is what we have to charge one-to-one.

You are welcome every time

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the train station and in a nice quiet area. It was a short walk to shopping, Old Town, and the lake. Our room had a wonderful balcony that we could go out on. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the breakfast had many options.

A great place on the whole, and I would stay again. Three stars because it is a three star hotel, not because of any demerits by the staff or the room.

• Stayed: August 2013
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear wwrrkd
I would like to say thank you for your detailed writing and the faithfully comment, special for the friendly words about the staff.
And you can reach the famous Bahnhof street and the Lake of Zürich within 10minutes.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was walking down the street in Zurich with my bags, when I finally found the Hotel. My first reaction was of disappointment. The building looked old but very clean. Upon entering, the front desk appears to be part of a coffee shop, but then I realized that it also served as the Hotel counter. Very small, there were about 7 high square tables, and the high chairs seemed to be too high. The service from the young lady behind the bar was very friendly and check in was quick. I got a corner room on the third floor. The elevator was the smallest I had ever seen, just enough space to fit one luggage piece and one person. A second luggage piece could be piled on top. The stairs were very large and made of marble. Another odd thing was that the handrail for the spiral stairs was on the center of the spiral so it could not be reached unless you used the section of the steps closer to the center of the spiral, where they were the narrowest.
THE ROOM
Beautiful and fairly spacious. Large windows and a nice balcony. The canopy is very nifty and operated electrically. It does an excellent job of cutting down the heat from the Sun. For an old building, everything inside is very modern. Quiet and efficient air conditioning, great glass enclosed shower. There is a fridge, but no capabilities of making tea or coffee. Hardwood floors. The room was very quiet and very dark at night.
THE PARKING
There is a parking lot a couple of blocks away for about 30 Euros per day. You can also park on the street after 9 pm half a block away, which worked out perfect for me.
THE BREAKFAST
Continental style, takes place right in the entrance. I didn't expect too much but was it ever a pleasant surprise. There was a great variety of things and all very fresh. They kept refilling the buffet with other creative dishes.
THE LOCATION
Very nice, but a little far from the cool areas of downtown, although still within a long walk.

All in all, I was quite pleased with this Hotel. I would go back.

Room Tip: Corner suites have more windows and are larger
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CDNchicken,
Thank you for your rating about the Fleming`s Hotel.
We are a typical 4* designed hotel in downtown of Zürich.
For this type of hotel we offer lots of additional amenities, like breakfast is including, free Wireless, bath robe, slippers and so far.
Also we have a 24hours reception, which you will never find in a 3* hotel.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights and as I was here on business was fine. The location was fine, close to the city and a short walk to the offices.

The room was comfortable and air conditioned, but the lack of tea and coffee making facilities was disappointing. Breakfast, although simple, was just what was needed.

I would expect more staff to be available on the front desk, as it took half an hour to check four people out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Suggsy,
Thank you for your description, why it is so comfortable to stay at the Fleming`s Hotel in Zürich.
And I have also to say thank you for your advices to get better, at the moment we are on work to prove where we can put tea and coffee making facilities in the room.