“conveyor belt Italian in Zurich !!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizzeria Dal Nastro

Pizzeria Dal Nastro
Ranked #38 of 1,872 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dal Nastro re-interprets traditional “Italianità”. The emphasis is on the essential elements of Italian food, which we call “protagonisti del gusto”. Our dishes are served in small portions (tapas style)which are perfect for lunch, aperitif or dinner. Help yourself from the conveyor belt or/and order from the menu and create your own combination of flavours! With its warm and cosy atmosphere, Dal Nastro offers the perfect setting in which to enjoy a delicious slice of Italian lifestyle.
Zurich, Switzerland
“conveyor belt Italian in Zurich !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

A friend brought me here on a Wednesday evening and despite there being an event happening we were told it was ending shortly and getting a table was no problem. We got a great table next to the window and tried the new Moet Ice drinks. This place is one of only 3 in Zurich who stocks the Moet Ice we were reliably informed !!
There is a conveyor belt (sushi trail style) with the cold dishes and then you order hot dishes from a menu. The cold dishes are priced in the same way sushi trail dishes are i.e. by coloured plate. I think its a great concept that works well for Italian food. You can see how much food you are getting for your money for starters also it helps to create a more relaxed dining experience. It also creates a nice atmosphere for after work meet ups when not everyone wants to eat....
The food we had was excellent quality. Good italian food in my opinion is cooked or prepared simply allowing the quality of the ingredients to come through and Dal Nastro ticked this box for me. all the antipasti we had were delicious.
For our main courses we ordered Gnocchi and ravioli. (they ran out of the daily special Vongole just before I ordered so I'll be back for that one as its one of my fave dishes) My ravioli was served in a herb butter and was cooked perfectly. it was clearly fresh and the herb butter didn't overpower the ravioli filling. and all the dishes are cooked behind the counter so you can see that everything is cooked to order. Although I live just outside Zurich I don't eat out there often I will definitely be back to Dal Nastro.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DalNastroTeam, Manager at Pizzeria Dal Nastro, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Swisswifey
Thank you for your positive feedback.
Please let us know a couple of days in advance next time you come so the we can organize the "Linguine alle Vongole" as a daily special.
Regards
Restaurant Manager

“I don't understand...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We went last night for a celebratory dinner, although we eat out in Zurich multiple times per week. We thought we'd try something different and the reviews here seemed good. We were led to our table and ordered a drink and some food off the menu. Only the warm dishes (basic pasta, plain saffron risotto) were served at table. For the rest, although on the menu, I was directed to get up and get it myself from the conveyor belt. I can't really enjoy any meal having to get up all the time to fetch my food. And the food is almost all cold and underseasoned. And most of it is deli food - we're talking a plate of blocks of parmesan. A plate of salami slices. Maybe this would have been good enough in the 70s but today you can get world class prosciutto from most supermarkets, great burrata from Italian delis, and if you want cold, unseasoned grilled vegetables - I'm sure you can find them somewhere else.

I'm not annoyed about the odd, unworkable concept, the bad service or the awful food. I'm annoyed about the reviews here. Again, we eat out in Zurich all the time at every sort of restaurant and price range and I have good global restaurant experience from street food to 3 Michelin star and there's no way an unbiased reviewer can rate this place 5 stars, no way at all.

Oh, and they don't take Amex. Cause they can't scrape 4% off the top of an 18 CHF tiny plate of ham.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Justin H
DalNastroTeam, Manager at Pizzeria Dal Nastro, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Justin H
We are sorry to read that you did not appreciate your experience at Dal Nastro.

We understand that our concept, an Italian bar-restaurant where we serve tapas-style dishes on a conveyor belt (Nastro) is something different that might not please everyone.

It should have been explained to you before you sat down (we apologize if it wasn’t) that we do offer waited service at our tables in the mezzanine area, aimed at guests who, like yourself, prefer to sit down, relax and enjoy their evening as our great food is served by our competent staff.

What you consider as an odd and unworkable concept has been described by many as innovative and original. Most of our guests appreciate the opportunity of having world class Prosciutto and great Mozzarella (combined with our delicious pastas) in a pleasant environment knowing perfectly well that some of our products can be found in dedicated Italian delis (not really in supermarkets).
Surely, one can find good meat at most butchers and grill it at home, but this does not stop people from enjoying a good steak at a restaurant.

Our concept focuses on high quality products and fresh ingredients, which we believe are the essence of the Italian cuisine. We called them “protagonisti del gusto”. We are constantly scouting for the best producers for each item that is on our menu and the best combination of flavours (like our Speck from Sauris served with Burrata from Andria).

We would be delighted to have another chance to impress you and, in any case, we would like to thank you for your feedback.

Best regards
Ticino
“Good idea, Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice Food in a nice enviroment, like the Concept of the small plates, Good Quality, Staffel is good.. And: very importent: Great coffee! Italian style

Visited February 2014
DalNastroTeam, Manager at Pizzeria Dal Nastro, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Ticinotraveller,
We thank you for your positive feedback and we are pleased that you appreciated our concept and the quality of our food.We will share your comments with our team.
We hope to see you soon again for a great coffee!

“average way overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

something diffrent is always worth a try. The concept is very good but this restaurant is way overpriced for what you get. It sounds very nice and you can have a lot of antipasti for 5.- but if 5.-are worth 1/4 of Mozzarella or 6 Olives than you will have tons of plates for 5.- . In the end you will spent much more than if you go to a regular restaurant. The food is o.k not excellent but o.k.
I guess I tried and I know it is nothig for me. The ambience is o.k even though it was very loud and tightly we could hear our neighbors conversation.
I don't go again. For me it is just not worth to spend so much money for so little.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ReJoSwitzerland
DalNastroTeam, Manager at Pizzeria Dal Nastro, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear ReJoSwitzerland,
We thank you for your visit and your feedback. We are sorry that you were disappointed by your experience at Dal Nastro.
We believe that our menu, which includes more than 25 cold antipasti and over 10 additional choices of warm dishes (ranging between 5 and 18 CHF), offers enough flexibility to our clients, allowing them to create their own combination of flavours at a price they choose, always with a fair quantity/quality/price ratio.
As a restaurant-bar, it is true that the atmosphere is lively, especially around the bar area (ground floor). If guests prefer a calmer area, we usually recommend our tables on the mezzanine. Our apologies if this was not communicated/offered to you at the time of your visit.
We would be glad to see you again.
“Fantastic concept”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you want a easy and charming place for going out with friends, that's the one. New, stylish, the concept is just fabulous. You have fresh high quality antipasti on the belt which will just please you! The only thing you want to do is trying more antipast and share them with your friends! The movie which is screened on the wall adds the little Italian touch which is just perfect. Bravissimo!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DalNastroTeam, Manager at Pizzeria Dal Nastro, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear bar56te,
We hope to see you soon again!