All reviews zurich zoo interesting layout round building marvelous breakfast lake view nespresso machine order eggs rubber duck desk and chair swiss cheeses reach the city center public transport tram ride number tram nice hotel buffet style modern design
Reviewed July 22, 2017

This hotel is on a hilltop at the end of the tram line. That makes it easy to get to if you do not have a car. Just take the number 6 tram in the direction of the zoo. The front desk can sell you tram day passes. The views are unparalleled any time of the day. The restaurant has great food. The included breakfast is great and has fresh fruit, yougurt, cheese, bread etc. The grounds are well maintained and the surrounding area is great for hikes. The layout is interesting. Especially the new spiral area. The only downside is the lack of air conditioning in the summer, but the rooms have these great shades that can protect from the sun. Make sure to request a fan as soon as you check in. They sometimes run out.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank 864dearraed
Sorell_Hotels, Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Dear 875raedd

Thank you for your encouraging review and for having taken the time to share your positive experience with us.
We are very pleased to hear that you felt at home during your stay with us at the Sorell Hotel Zürichberg and that everything, specially the Sorell breakfast you experienced our hotel, was commendable. Thanks to our employees, we manage to surprise and delight our guests every day - that is our passion.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at the Sorell Hotels.

Best regards,
Marc Brunner
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2017

Within short walk from public transport, which takes you into the city in minutes.
Great breakfast buffet, beautiful terrace with splendid view.
The rooms are renovated, modern furniture, clean, very good service, with a fruit plate and mineral water supplied.
Slight downside was that my room faced the back (facing the hotel entrance and forest), without a/c and felt a quite warm. When sleeping with open windows there was a quite a bit of noise from cars arriving and leaving through at night and early morning. Still, I would come back in future, will opt to pay more for a better room.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Sorell_Hotels, Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Dear LadyA_9228

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive experience during your stay with us at the Sorell Hotel Zürichberg. We are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with us, specially our services and our location.
To be sure you have booked a room facing the lake, please contact us next time directly.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Sorell Hotels.

Best regards,
Marc Brunner, Deputy General Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2017

My third stay here & happy to be back. It continues to be a lovely place for a peaceful getaway. We did some walks in the woods, used the local transport & visited the zoo. Breakfast spread was nice & dinner was excellent too.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2017

I stayed 1 night at the Sorell this week. The view from the terraces/garden is breath taking, real picture postcard Switzerland as you can see from the photos others have posted on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately I had single room at the very top of the hotel at the back so no views. I don't mind this as I wasn't going to sit in my room. However for 300 Swiss Francs I do expect more than an attic room with no air conditioning with a single bed, yes single bed. I also expect more than 2 very rough towels in the bathroom which felt like sandpaper when used. We had dinner in the hotel - SFr 17 for 2 tomatoes and mozzarella, SFr47 for a veal in sauce which was tough and a small amount of Rosti... I know that £ has dropped I get it I travel a lot BUT I don't like to feel ripped off for the view. Breakfast, OK but the ONLY hot food was eggs. Great selection of cheese, meats etc, ie a cold buffet. My friend can't eat wheat so normally has sausage, bacon, eggs etc but this time was a plate of cheese and cold ham. He had ordered scrambled eggs but the service was so slow that we actually gave up and left without him getting them. When checking out I queried the cost of the room against the facilities, after a bit of a discussion ie 'why didn't I tell the hotel last night that towels were hard', well clearly because I used them in the morning and didn't have time to call room service, yes that was the price for a single bed etc, the receptionist agreed on a small discount. So if you want to sit looking at the most fantastic views with a drink go there, you won't get a better view, it is certainly peaceful BUT compared to my other fav hotels namely the Fairmont, Shangri-La etc it doesn't come close. Expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: Try to ensure that you don't have a single room on the top floor at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank london007
Sorell_Hotels, General Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having taken time to comment about your stay at Sorell Hotel Zürichberg. It’s very important for us to get feedbacks like this to improve our service and to increase the satisfaction of our guests.

It is very important for the entire team that you feel comfortable with us and we are really sorry that this has not fully succeeded during your stay.

We do apologize that the staff could not make your stay feel great. The situations you explained are certainly not corresponding to our standard, rather we attach high importance to a personal attention, high quality and pace of service in our restaurant. We are very anxious to pay more attention on this issue in the future.

Once again thank you for your rating. All this valuable feedbacks can help us to improve ourselves. We would be pleased to welcome you again during your next visit in Zürich.

Best regards
Marc Lehmann
Sorell Hotel Zürichberg

Reviewed June 26, 2017

A bit isolated, quiet, but excellent facility, lovely porch and superb view. It was very hot and they supplied me with a fan which made a huge difference. Service more than adequate, rooms have an interesting layout and lovely modern furnishing.

Room Tip: Take the NEW part
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business