“understated elegance”

Ranked #7 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
San Francisco
“understated elegance”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is my second visit and the staff were incredibly gracious. As before, my room was elegant, large, beautifully appointed with a wonderfully comfortable bed. I asked for a room with little disco noise and found was given one that offered me a night of deep and restful sleep. The shower and bath are plenty large and the elegant design calming and uplifting. The location is an easy walk from the main trainstation--and do take the train from the airport for good value. I will visit again--thank you Park Hyatt Zurich for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Be sure to request room away from disco
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank aerotraveller
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear guest,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you at Park Hyatt Zurich and we are very pleased to read that you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us.

Thank you very much for complimenting so many points such as our staff, guest room and location. I am delighted to share your kind comments with my entire team.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back at Park Hyatt Zurich soon and in the meantime we offer our best regards.

Yours sincerely,

jacques.morand@hyatt.com
+41 43 883 10 02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband, myself and our baby have stayed at Park Hyatt Zurich for 2 nights. We were impressed by everything we have seen. First time out of all 5* properties we have stayed before, this one is real 5* hotel. Exceptional service and luxury in everything. Front desk agent has personally walked us to the spacious room. We were welcomed by handwritten card from all Front Office team, carrot cake and fruit. The room is beautifully designed. Modern and stylish, but with hard wood and expensive furniture. Linens and bed are top quality.
Breakfast was also very delicious. You can order hot food from the menu and grab some other things from the buffet. Huge variety of fresh squeezed juices.
The dinner restaurant is pricy, but food is very tasty and healthy. Service is excellent.
Walking distance from the Lake and Old town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tatiana H
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Tatiana H

Thank you for your lovely words and extensive review. I am convinced that it will also be appreciated by other travelers coming to Zurich. On behalf of the entire team, I thank you for having taken the time to write it and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed the exceptional service and the attention to detail which is of utmost importance to us.

In particular, I thank you for pointing out your in-room amenity, the central location of Park Hyatt Zurich and your experience at Restaurant parkhuus.

It would give us true pleasure to welcome you back and remain at your disposal.

around the world
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Reading all the other reviews i have to say, that it is generally correct...
Location is great, close to the lake, the old city center, the shopping area, the banking district, lots of restaurants & bars nearby; and still the street itself is very quiet.
Rooms are totally quiet, beds & linen are perfect. It's really clean.
Reception desk, maids and other staff members are efficient & friendly.
Complimentary internet connection is really fast.
Everything is made to make your stay enjoyable.

On the other hand, as you can see on the pictures from the guests, the style of the rooms is old fashion... the bathroom opening up into the bedroom with sliding wooden panels and the interior decoration accessories (see "leaves" drawings glass panels...) are to my opinion really average. And also, the soaps and beauty products have a funny smell and i decided not to use any.
Seen the negative comments about the breakfast, we did not give it a try.

So despite all the positive point above, seen the higher price range, the overall impression is not that exceptional, unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alice_the_wonderland
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor.

Your kind comments have been well received and I would like to thank you for pointing out the central location of Park Hyatt Zurich and our friendly employees.

On the other hand, I am disappointed that we did not fully satisfy you. Your comments about the interior design of our guest rooms will be taken into consideration should there be any change of concept in the near future.

Dear Guest, we would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future and remain at your disposal in case any questions occur.

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Just finished staying here with my wife and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The rooms are very pretty and clean and the gym is great is you want to run on treadmill or just need free weights. If you have diamond passport status, the breakfast is amazing as quality and taste is superb and cost is included with your room. You can walk to all the great sites and shopping downtown.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaeagan
PH_Zurich, Geschäftsführer at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Kevin E

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at Park Hyatt Zurich with us and with other travellers and we appreciate your having taken the time to write such an extensive review. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for giving our hotel an excellent rating.

In particular, we noted that you enjoyed the breakfast in the newly renovated Lobby Lounge and the service provided by our employees. Please rest assured that it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the team and it will further motivate them to strive for service excellence.

Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day and to exceed our guest’s expectations.
Also, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust in and loyalty to our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again.

With best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before. The rooms are nice, clean and quiet with everything you need. I did find that my room smelt of smoke which was not good. The bar and dinner experience are excellent, really good choice of drinks and great food. I found breakfast a bit basic for such a expensive hotel. The reception staff were not very welcoming either which surprised me. Free internet a nice bonus.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael S
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Michael S

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for all the points that did not reflect in any way the service we would like to provide to you as our valued customer. It is through constructive criticism such as yours that we can take corrective actions. Your feedback will be taken into consideration and has been discussed with our team.

Please accept our sincerest apologies and we thank you for having addressing the smell of smoke in your guest room. Please rest assured that we will ensure that this does not reoccur in the future.

Thank you once again for your comments and we would be delighted - if you give us another chance when future travels bring you back to Park Hyatt Zurich - to show you just how passionate we are about guest service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you have any further questions – I remain at your disposal.

Yours sincerely,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was so impressed with this hotel. The rooms are exceptionally quiet and conducive to rest -- very good beds, nice linens and partial wood floors. Room service was excellent. The menu focuses on healthful foods and explains the beneficial properties of their offerings which are very tasty. The Room Service people could not be more helpful. The hotel is in the heart of the business district, close to everything and easy for walking. The quality of taxis always waiting out front is excellent. A really top notch business hotel.

Room Tip: There are inward facing rooms and those facing the street. I had an inward facing room with no view...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sara P
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Sara P

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich.

I was delighted to receive your feedback on TripAdvisor and would like to thank you for complementing our staff and service, which is the most valuable praise our hotel can receive.

Please know that it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the team and it will further motivate them to strive for service excellence.

I am especially pleased to read that you enjoy our new Brain Food concept at the Lobby Lounge and the central location.

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Park Hyatt Zürich
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel recently for one evening on business. The hotel is located a short walking distance to the lake and the town centre. The bedrooms are well equipped and comfortable, with extremely comfortable bed and linen. I ate in the restaurant and found the choice and quality excellent. Wine list was massive. Ambience was superb. Recommended for business. Somewhat pricey.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kevin M
Dear Kevin M

I am delighted to read you have enjoyed your room and our staff.
It is a real pleasure to see such a fantastic review with so many details inside.

We already look forward to welcoming you again soon.

With Best Regards,