“Unconvincing for the price”
Review of Park Hyatt Zurich

Ranked #9 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Geneva
“Unconvincing for the price”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Rooms are exactly as on the pictures. Modern but tasteful, and given my own preferences it's typically the hotel I stay in Zurich together with the radisson blu which is less than 40% of the price.

Obviously The Park Hyatt rooms are nicer and location better but service is on par or even slightly worse which given the price is really unconvincing.

As an example, my wake up call was 20 mins later than what I asked for. Instead of apologising, the operator just told me to wake up. When I inquired that it was 20 minutes late, the operator just said yes sorry. Really? Ok I know we can all put our phone's alarm but just gives you an idea of the overall level of service at this hotel.

For those that are hyatt diamond, this is also the worst hotel that I know in the chain in order to respect room preferences (I was on 3rd floor on my last stay in the normal room when the upgrades options were available - but its standard here and it is a miracle if you get an upgrade).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank CKGeneva
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear CKGeneva

Thank you very much for having choosen Park Hyatt Zurich for your recent visit to our city. We highly appreciate you sharing your most value comments with us.

I would like to apologise for not properly providing your wake-up call. Please rest assured that I will pass this on to our Front Office Team to ensure this situation does not occur again. Your feedback is taken seriously and we regret you experienced this unfortunate incident.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show that we are passionate about guest service. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely

Park Hyatt Zurich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Upon entering this Park Hyatt Zurich you are overwhelmed with the decor: simple and elegant, with clean warm tones. In front of the hotel is a fun bar that looks to be a meeting place for locals also (Onyx Bar). All of the dining venues are worth checking out which was easy to do with such a welcoming staff (Frederik met me at the front desk after I had sent several advance emails with many questions that he addressed to a T!). Our room layout was so comfortable and well designed, again the contemporary tan and beige coloration was present. The bathroom was huge with a separate shower stall and bathroom area. Of course the tub (and amenities) were luscious! I particularly enjoyed the Park Suite's separation of living and sleeping areas and the coffee/ minibar area in the foyer. This hotel exudes all of the class and sophistication of the Park Hyatt product and should be your choice if you want a flawless stay in Zurich. No, they are not perfect-my TV had a bit of trouble but Miriam I. (guest relations mgr.) was at my door with service staff to adjust it for me. She was amazing! Then again that is why this Park Hyatt is a jewel, because of their impeccably trained staff, the gorgeous environment, and how they put together an overall perfect visit for their guests! Thank you Mr. Morand, General Mgr.

Room Tip: Try the Park Suite (king beds only) you'll appreciate the privacy and size of the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear NYTravelCriticIntl

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your impressions about your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich for the benefit of other TripAdvisor users. We are pleased to read about your enjoyable stay and believe that first-hand recommendations such as this is our greatest reward.

It was a pleasure to read your positive comments about our Concierge Frederik and our Guest Relations Manager Miriam and I was delighted to see that the personalised elements of the guest experience were delivered to your expectations.
Feedback like yours is highly motivating and you can rest assured that I will pass on your positive comments.

Furthermore, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the interior and design of the guestroom as well as the food and beverage venues.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future and hope that your time with us will continue to impress you.

Your sincerely,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Park Hyatt is really what I usually try to avoid as hotel, modern, without anything. No soul, nothing special at all, when you wake up you could just as well be in Frankfurt, in Marseille or in Finland in a modern blockhaus. Staff were as the place: cold without soul.
There is so much better to offer in Zurih. I was there only because of a conference who took place in the hotel. Never again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheGastronomist
Dear Guest

Thank you for your visit to Park Hyatt Zurich. Your opinion is very important to us, and comments like yours allow us to assess our products and guest service and take corrective measures where required. From your feedback we have found that we could not entirely meet your expectations.

I'm very sorry that your visit to our hotel did not meet your demands and we find it very unfortunate that you did not notice the regional influences in our House.
If time allows, we will take forward your comments and suggestions on the private message platform.

It would be please to welcome you again at Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights (one night on each end of our recent trip to Switzerland).

The staff was very professional and the service was quite good. Reception was very efficient and friendly.

The hotel itself has no charm---the exterior is a concrete box and the rooms have a predictably bland decor that is quite acceptable if not a bit sterile and what one imagines in a "business-hotel".

As others have mentioned, I too initially was confused by the website, which advertised rates for single occupancy, which were quite a bit lower than that for dual occupancy. Not sure why the Park Hyatt does this for its location in Zurich but not e.g. Buenos Aires.

We ordered room service both nights of our stay and the food was perfectly executed.

The only criticism I have is that we were not informed that internet was complimentary for our room. It was only during our stay at the end of our trip that I happened to ask (after overhearing another guest being told that their room came with complimentary internet). The hotel book by the way stated that internet was CHF30 per night and we were told by staff at breakfast in the lobby that there was no complimentary internet even in the lobby!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Honeydewchase,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Zurich for your stay in our city. Your comments are highly appreciated and play a significant part in our efforts to achieve a higher standard of customer service.

However, I am very dismayed to learn that you experienced some disappointments during your stay and would like to apologise for the confusion you experienced while checking our room rates on the website and in regards to the internet charges, which is included in the room rate.

You will be pleased to know that soft renovations and refurbishments are an ongoing process at Park Hyatt Zurich so I hope that when future travels bring you back to Zurich, you will stay with us again and enjoy our interior decor.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding the food and beverages ordered through room service and the service of our staff. Please rest assured that I will communicate your nice words to the members of our team.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Yours sincerely,

Orange County, California
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Exceptionally friendly and professional staff, spacious rooms and the location is convenient for meetings. The main downside with this property is that is feels like living in a conference venue which provides a hotel service, not something one would expect when forking up over $1200 per night.

Go to Baur au Lac for a more genuine Zurich experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mantelstone

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Park Hyatt Zurich and for having taken the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about the service you experienced at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you took advantage of the convenient location and enjoyed the guest rooms. Also, it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.

On the other hand, I regret that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. We take your comments seriously and have shared them with our team for further monitoring, in order to improve our future performance.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very modern and stylish hotel right in the city centre. We stayed in this hotel because it was recommended by a friend, unfortunately it fell below our expectations.The hotel was unreasonably expensive compared to the average service provided, it in fact lacked the "wow" factor. The staff were unfriendly and didn't pay much attention to us, we actually felt unwanted and couldn't wait for day to break so that we could leave. However, the chocolate cake i consumed was really nice. I recommend better customer service training for the entire staff so that they can smile and be more friendly, like they say "you have to fake it to make it".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Jacklyn O

First of all I would like to thank you for visiting Park Hyatt Zurich and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust in and loyalty to our hotel. We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your valuable comments with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback with regard to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I was extremely dismayed that your impression was unsatisfactory during your last stay and apologise for the disappointment that you encountered. Concerning your experience with our staff, we regret that you did not feel that they were engaged and to the point. We will certainly review your feedback with all staff members in order to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Your comments have been well received and it seems that your stay did not reflect in any way the service we would like to provide to you as our valued customer. Again please accept my apologies.

Unfortunately your experience can not be undone. However, we would be most appreciative if you would give us another opportunity in order to show you that we are passionate about guest service.

Kind regards

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very nice hotel with lovely rooms with all the amenities I could think of. The hotel doesn't have views but is quiet and within easy walking distance of the lake and the old part of Zurich. The staff were very professional, polite, and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful ,fresh and offered a good variety. I really enjoyed my stay and felt very comfortable being a single female traveller.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Goldenjays

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your time in Zurich. Your comments on TripAdvisor were well received and it was a pleasure reading your feedback. I am pleased to hear that Zurich treated you well.

I would like to express my thanks for taking the time to write such lind words about Park Hyatt Zurich and am pleased to read that you took good advantage of the short distance to the lake and the Old Town. In addition, it will give me great pleasure to forward your compliments to our culinary team - it is pleasing to read that you liked our breakfast options.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards