“Good Service but Immemorable Decor.”
Review of Park Hyatt Zurich

Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
New York City, New York
“Good Service but Immemorable Decor.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights (one night on each end of our recent trip to Switzerland).

The staff was very professional and the service was quite good. Reception was very efficient and friendly.

The hotel itself has no charm---the exterior is a concrete box and the rooms have a predictably bland decor that is quite acceptable if not a bit sterile and what one imagines in a "business-hotel".

As others have mentioned, I too initially was confused by the website, which advertised rates for single occupancy, which were quite a bit lower than that for dual occupancy. Not sure why the Park Hyatt does this for its location in Zurich but not e.g. Buenos Aires.

We ordered room service both nights of our stay and the food was perfectly executed.

The only criticism I have is that we were not informed that internet was complimentary for our room. It was only during our stay at the end of our trip that I happened to ask (after overhearing another guest being told that their room came with complimentary internet). The hotel book by the way stated that internet was CHF30 per night and we were told by staff at breakfast in the lobby that there was no complimentary internet even in the lobby!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Honeydewchase,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Zurich for your stay in our city. Your comments are highly appreciated and play a significant part in our efforts to achieve a higher standard of customer service.

However, I am very dismayed to learn that you experienced some disappointments during your stay and would like to apologise for the confusion you experienced while checking our room rates on the website and in regards to the internet charges, which is included in the room rate.

You will be pleased to know that soft renovations and refurbishments are an ongoing process at Park Hyatt Zurich so I hope that when future travels bring you back to Zurich, you will stay with us again and enjoy our interior decor.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding the food and beverages ordered through room service and the service of our staff. Please rest assured that I will communicate your nice words to the members of our team.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Yours sincerely,

Park Hyatt Zurich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orange County, California
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Exceptionally friendly and professional staff, spacious rooms and the location is convenient for meetings. The main downside with this property is that is feels like living in a conference venue which provides a hotel service, not something one would expect when forking up over $1200 per night.

Go to Baur au Lac for a more genuine Zurich experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mantelstone

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Park Hyatt Zurich and for having taken the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about the service you experienced at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you took advantage of the convenient location and enjoyed the guest rooms. Also, it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.

On the other hand, I regret that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. We take your comments seriously and have shared them with our team for further monitoring, in order to improve our future performance.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very modern and stylish hotel right in the city centre. We stayed in this hotel because it was recommended by a friend, unfortunately it fell below our expectations.The hotel was unreasonably expensive compared to the average service provided, it in fact lacked the "wow" factor. The staff were unfriendly and didn't pay much attention to us, we actually felt unwanted and couldn't wait for day to break so that we could leave. However, the chocolate cake i consumed was really nice. I recommend better customer service training for the entire staff so that they can smile and be more friendly, like they say "you have to fake it to make it".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Jacklyn O

First of all I would like to thank you for visiting Park Hyatt Zurich and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust in and loyalty to our hotel. We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your valuable comments with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback with regard to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I was extremely dismayed that your impression was unsatisfactory during your last stay and apologise for the disappointment that you encountered. Concerning your experience with our staff, we regret that you did not feel that they were engaged and to the point. We will certainly review your feedback with all staff members in order to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Your comments have been well received and it seems that your stay did not reflect in any way the service we would like to provide to you as our valued customer. Again please accept my apologies.

Unfortunately your experience can not be undone. However, we would be most appreciative if you would give us another opportunity in order to show you that we are passionate about guest service.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very nice hotel with lovely rooms with all the amenities I could think of. The hotel doesn't have views but is quiet and within easy walking distance of the lake and the old part of Zurich. The staff were very professional, polite, and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful ,fresh and offered a good variety. I really enjoyed my stay and felt very comfortable being a single female traveller.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Goldenjays

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your time in Zurich. Your comments on TripAdvisor were well received and it was a pleasure reading your feedback. I am pleased to hear that Zurich treated you well.

I would like to express my thanks for taking the time to write such lind words about Park Hyatt Zurich and am pleased to read that you took good advantage of the short distance to the lake and the Old Town. In addition, it will give me great pleasure to forward your compliments to our culinary team - it is pleasing to read that you liked our breakfast options.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Want to enjoy a full bath experience in your hotel room with loads of room, sit at a desk and feel you can spread out and delight in a nespresso in the early morning from your room without having to see anyone? Well then this is the hotel for you.

Located only a five minute walk from the central boat launch it is ideal for tourists as well.

The concierge were very accommodating before, during and while we were leaving the hotel. Including the added touch of walking us out to the car to take us to the airport upon our departure. This is not the type of experience you get everyday even in the best of hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room that looks onto the street to avoid looking down on the interior roof top. If...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Julia M

Your comments about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich are well appreciated. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers. We are confident that they will acknowledged by other readers.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time at our property, starting with the generous guestroom, our service and the central location and proximity to Lake Zurich. Guest feedback such as yours is important and monitored on a regular basis. We take into consideration all requests where possible, for example such as coffee machines which have been added in every guestroom this year in response to guests‘ frequent requests.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you most sincerely for your positive comments. We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent two lovely nights at the Park Hyatt Zurich while on vacation. Modern hotel with a friendly and helpful staff, nice spa, and great restaurant/bar. The hotel is also close to many cafes, restaurants, retail stores, and a short distance from train access.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear OCklp,

I truly appreciate your taking the time to write about Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and your kind comments regarding your recent stay are very important to us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the politeness of the staff. It is nice to read that you appreciated our central location and that you enjoyed visiting the outlets.

I have communicated your comments to the entire team as it is words such as yours that truly inspire us to work harder every day and to try to exceed our guests’ expectations.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information or assistance.

Limolib
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spent one night. An excellent choice for a full service hotel in a good location within walking distance of many attractions and restaurants. The service was especially good. The concierge desk at this hotel was the best I have experienced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Limolib

Please let me say that I was delighted to receive your comments and I am very pleased to read that you experienced such professional assistance from our concierge. Rest assured that your positive comments will motivate them to continue to strive for excellent service.

We all hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.