“a five star experience”

Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Princeton, New Jersey
“a five star experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I don't give out many five star ratings, but in the case of the Park Hyatt Zurich I am happy to do so. My brother and I stayed here for three days on a recent trip, and it was one of the finest hotel stays I've had so far. The room was immaculate - very clean, and we found out on check in that the TV had just been replaced for us. Our bags met us in the room while it was being serviced, along with complimentary refreshments. Housekeeping visited twice a day, and we were never lacking with service. The beds were soft and very comfortable and the bathroom clean and sported a tub along with two showers. Complimentary Internet was much appreciated, thanks to Platinum status.

While the location is a bit away from Zurich Hbf and other busier sections of town, the walk down the Bahnhofstrasse did not take long - the tram is available should you need.

Would be pleased to stay here again the future and look forward to another enjoyable experience.

Recommendations: Breakfast is pricey - eat out for best variety.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Rbakken,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and for your trust and loyalty as a Gold Passport member. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. Your feedback is extremely important, as it helps us to continually improve our services and provide a memorable experience for our guests.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and appreciated the room facilities. Thank you for complimenting our staff as well. They are committed to service excellence and you can rest assured that your positive comments will motivate them to continue to strive for the maximum comfort and enjoyment of all our clients, which is our number one priority.

It makes me very proud that you experienced one of your finest hotel stays with us and I hope we will be able to welcome you and your brother again another time.

Park Hyatt Zurich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We loved this hotel. Though it lacks the historic charm of the Park Hyatt Paris where we stayed earlier this year, we would be hard pressed to choose between the two. The elegant Zurich hotel is very contemporary (I believe it was constructed in 2004??), the rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms are fabulous. We had a deluxe king room, and the bathroom was large and truly deluxe. The service was beyond reproach. We were made to feel very welcome despite the fact that as vacationers we were dressed far more casually than many of the business guests. The location very close to the beautiful Lake Zurich worked very well for us. We hope to be fortunate enough to stay again in the future.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler3933
Dear Traveler 3933,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Zurich!

We truly appreciate you taking time to write about Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you for your kind words about our hotel and it pleases me to know that you experienced impeccable service. Customer service is of the utmost importance to us and I am very pleased to hear that this stood out during your time at Park Hyatt Zurich. I will definitely pass along your nice words to the entire team.

You are right, Park Hyatt Zurich was opened in September 2004 and I am glad you felt comfortable in the spacious and elegant deluxe room. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again and that your next stay will be just as enjoyable as your last one. Until then, I remain at your disposal and please send my kind regards to Wisconsin.

Bern
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is located in the business / banking district of Zurich, near the lake. On a nice sunny day, this is perfect, but if you catch one of the many cold, grey days, the location is a bit less than perfect. It's about 200 metres to a tram station, and about 3 stations to the main station.

So, while the location generally is good, it's not perfect if you like to go out, as most clubs/bars will be quite away from it. However, for business, the location is great.

The hotel is definitely on the upscale side, don't get shocked by the prices, they're only slightly above "regular" Zurich 5* prices. And besides that, the hotel does offer very good services.

Comfy bed, good service, very nice bathrooms, absolutely nothing wrong here.

Maybe a bit on the pricy side for what it's worth, but for a Hyatt and the local pricing scheme, it's not bad at all. I wouldn't stay here if I've to pay it myself, but if someone else is covering it, I don't feel bad about it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear WorldTraveller 201000,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. Your honest and detailed comments will surely be appreciated by other travellers. Your kind remarks regarding your recent stay are a very important channel with which to measure and improve our quality and service.

I am delighted to read that we met your guestroom expectations and thank you for describing the location of Park Hyatt Zurich. Summer time is very beautiful in Zurich and I hope you experienced pleasant weather. Indeed, some of the newer bars and clubs are located in „Zurich West“, near many restaurants and bars in the nearby and picturesque Old Town.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again and that your next stay will be just as enjoyable as your last one. Until then, I remain at your disposal and please send my kind regards to Bern.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Had a hectic overnight to Zurich and found the Park Hyatt a really calm and comfortable Hotel indeed. I appreciated the quietness and attention to detail and would certainly return and recommend this Hotel. Rooms were very comfortable - excellent bathrooms and room service on a Sunday evening. All the staff were beyond courteous and polite. I shall be back

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Mohammed A,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and we greatly appreciate you taking time to write such kind words on TripAdvisor. Your comments are an important channel for us to measure our products and services. Your words are a great compliment and motivate us greatly to continue our work with positive energy and passion.

I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations, you enjoyed the peace and noticed the attention to the detail. In addition, thank you for letting us know that you are willing to return and recommend this hotel. Words such as yours fill me with pride and joy.

Thank you very much for complementing our staff. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your comments to the entire team.

In the meanwhile, I wish you a pleasant time and an enjoyable autumn.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Luxurious hotel located close to convention centre. This is the place to be seen in Zurich with busy bar on Friday and Saturday night. Good fish and meat prepared with a Swiss twist. Service is pleasant, regimented and attentive. Very comfortable luxury rooms with nice soft bed in spacious area. Wet room with shower and bath. Prepare to be traumatised by prices though. Extraordinary that you have to pay for wifi and breakfast despite paying $650 a room!
Only stay here if you win lottery or someone else is paying - but enjoy the experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear OJ 13,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Zurich and thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you found so many positive things to say about our hotel. In particular, thank you for spending time at ONYX Bar and parkhuus restaurant. I am pleased to hear that you were content with the service and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.

Your comments regarding the Internet costs have been discussed with the department heads and please be assured that we are most grateful to you for having taken the time to bring this matter to our attention. It is through constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to monitor our hotel operations more closely and take corrective actions when necessary.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again and that your next stay will be just as enjoyable as your last one. Until then, I remain at your disposal and send my kind regards to Edinburgh.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Although designed to be a business hotel, Park Hyatt is a gem for everything - business stay, company meeting, family vacation in Zurich or just passing through the town.
Perfect central location, polite staff, great restaurant and a cosy bar.
Only downside, very expensive, but it's Hyat and it's Zurich.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dilondvik
Dear Dilondvik,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. Your kind comments regarding your recent stay are very important to us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the polite staff. It is nice to read that you took advantage of the central location and that you enjoyed the outlets.

It gives me great pleasure to communicate your positive remarks to the entire team. Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day and to exceed our guests’ expectations.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

LONDON
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is supposedly one of the best hotels in Zurich.
Bedroom is very nice. Reception nice. Bar nice. Gym too hot by far (and photos on the internet are taken in a mirror to make it look twice as big as it is).
BUT WHY CHECK ANOTHER GUEST INTO MY ROOM AT 2 AM?? Luckily I had the metal door chain on but the noise and effort at entering my room woke me up - I called down to reception and he said he would check on the cctv and then come up to see me. By this point I was WIDE awake and quite worried. Turns out it was another member of staff, with the key, showing another guest into MY room. They offered me free breakfast but I had to leave to early ( I was on business right - I need my SLEEP!) so they just took my coffee off the bill.

I have since written to them twice on their feedback form and have waited a week before posting this review to see if I would receive a reply. I was too tired to make much of an argument to the receptionist when I checked out but wanted to complain on my return. NOTHING - no reply.

I will probably have to visit again as this is on our company business hotel list. Not sure I want to. Really upset that a hotel does not fulfil its basic contract with me as a guest which is surely to provide a night of sleep.

Room Tip: make sure to put the metal door chain on before you go to bed.