“good hotel but very expensive”
Review of Park Hyatt Zurich

Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel is beautiful and I wished if i book there
But room rates compared to the original size and possibility available let me not to book there .

The lobby is very nice, comfortable and luxurious
Outside the restaurant is also very beautiful

the Spa:
I've book Feacheal and Massage
Service was excellent but the place was not luxurious compared to the prices
There are no separate rooms for dressing just a separate lady area with locker and washing area .

hope they look again to there prices as other hotel .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us abour your experience during your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich.

I was delighted to read that your expectations of our facilities were, for the most part, exceeded.

We have also taken note of your comment regarding the room rates. Nevertheless, we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you as our guest at Park Hyatt Zurich soon. Regarding your comment about the SPA dressing rooms, please rest assured that we will review our facilities and assess what improvements we can make in the future.

Your feedback is appreciated and taken very seriously as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we endeavour to provide to each of our guests.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Zurich

Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel is located just minutes away from the Bahnhofstrasse, the shopping mecca of Zurich, and literally blocks away from the beautiful Limmat river. The decor is monochromatic tonal pastels .Very mininalist! The biggest surprise however, was the sublime toiletries from Blaise Mautin (my personal favorite). Be warned, this hotel is VERY pricey!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank panicale63
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed staying at our hotel, particularly mentioning our toiletries, which were created exclusively for Park Hyatt Zurich by Blaise Mautin. We were delighted to learn that our products are appreciated.

Feedback such as yours is always well received and can only help to further motivate us to continue to offer outstanding service to all our guests.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Being at a Park Hyatt I expect greatness...and the thing is I normally get it. I debated between a 3 and a 4 rating and I will give it a 4 because it really was a pleasant stay. However, see below for the one thing that just did not meet the standards of a Park Hyatt.

*Check in was fast and efficient. The room itself was a nice size....great view of the city below. Good sized bathroom, comfortable bed and a solid internet connection.
*Great central location. It was a short walk to local shopping, the waterfront and restaurants.
*Breakfast in the restaurant was quite good. Nice selection of hot and cold food and was a great start to my day.
*Dinner that evening in the restaurant was also quite good. We went down right when it opened so it wasn't busy. By the time we were finishing up they were getting quite busy...so if you want great attentive service, go early!

Now, the one thing this Park fails at is the on-site gym. I can't even call it a gym, or even a workout room. There were a few treadmills, one bench, a couple free weights and a pitiful multi-purpose machine. Air circulation was also not that good. There is no reason why this Park cannot measure up to it's counterparts in Melbourne or anywhere else in the world. They are not without the room to expand it. The gym is always a big thing for me and I am sorry, but the Park fails miserably in this area.

All in all, a great stay. I will be back....hopefully they will have addressed the gym/workout situation by then :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff_In_Dallas
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is a great hotel. The rooms were beautiful and clean. The location was great as the hotel was near the shopping district and a major tram stop. Best of all was the service! After our flight was cancelled, the staff helped us to book a new flight and extend our car rental. The restaurant and breakfast was delicious. A wonderful stay and we are definitely coming back.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Thins is a typical business hotel with great service and very helpful staff. Mr. Tassel a concierge is a delight and very informative. This hotel is very expensive even for Switzerland, but worth it if you have the account to match. Lively evening scene in the bar and restaurant with outdoor patio. The only complaint would be the corridors to the rooms, they are stuffy and need fresh air, has the odor of dust from vacuum even though it looks clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is the most poorly designed hotel I have visited. Truly awful design. Plastic bamboo in lobby which had dust in it. Felt like a bad Airport Hampton Inn Motel from the 80s.
However, staff was very accommodating in helping us locate an alternate hotel

• Stayed: August 2011
8  Thank MrGatsbys
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for your visit to Park Hyatt Zurich and taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

Valuing your comments we carefully reviewed all areas of service and products you mentioned. We addressed each point with our team and action is being taken where appropriate. Please let me say that I am please to hear that you felt our team was taking good care of you in relocating you to another hotel.

I'm convinced that with your feedback we will be able to further fine-tune the quality of the products at Park Hyatt Zurich, however tastes are different and this we are unable to change.

We have, however, taken note of your comments and should you have any questions in this regard, please do not hesitate to let us know.

With best personal regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I generally love Park Hyatts-- I think them as the equivalent of Four Seasons, at least the ones in which I have stayed. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are fully-featured-- amazing bathrooms and super-comfortable beds. The rooms are also well-isolated so they are very quiet. The staff at the front desk-- Brigit, Jan, Ms. Katz-- all very nice and professional. My only complaint is that they messed-up my reservation and put me on a smoking floor. I am a Hyatt Platinum member and it is a mistake that they shouldn't have made. We had to move rooms and no one was available to move our stuff and so we ended-up wasting an hour or so straightening-out what should not have been an issue in the first place. The staff recovered quickly and gave us a wonderful box of chocolate-covered almonds and a bottle of wine but I found the mistake frustrating. The other aspect of our stay which frustrated me the business center. The computers were horribly slow.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Please let me first thank you for taking time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. Your feedback with regards to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our performance.

We are very happy to hear that you believe our hotel is beautiful and that you liked our rooms – especially the bathroom and the beds – so much. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular thank you for your very positive comments about our front desk team, mentioning Birgit, Jan and Ms. Katz. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to them.

We have also taken note of your other comments related to the room reservation in the smoking floor and the slow running computers. I am sorry that we did not manage to have the correct room ready for you. This should not have happened. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. The computers in our business centre disappointed you due to their slow speed, but please be assured that we will review these areas to assess what improvements we can make in the future.

We are all pleased to learn that you generally love Park Hyatt and we hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do for you from this side of the world, please do not hesitate to let me know.