“Very bad day!!!”

Ranked #13 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
London
“Very bad day!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2007

I cam late at the Hotel around 11pm. The Hotel room they gave to me was on the first floor just beside the lift!!!! The room was quite small but clean....after 5 minutes they was so much noise because of the lift and the ventilation that I had to leave the room and ask for anoher room....but without success the hotel was full ( That was not true!!!!). The service at the Hotel was very poor....it was my worst experience in 5 years!!!! I finally left the Hotel to find a Hotel in the same area!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the noise
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
16 Thank mydh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cheltenheim
Reviewed November 21, 2006

Very Friendly Staff, Very Welcoming, Good Tasty Food – Excellent!, Very high standard
We will come back!
A very enjoyable stay

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
13 Thank Cheltenheimer
Sydney,Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2006

This is a really lovely hotel. We are a family of 3 who stayed here in October for 3 nights. On arrival our room wasn't ready but we were offered a drink voucher each to enjoy a drink while we waited. The room was lovely and very large with a beautiful balcony which looked up the street and over to the lake. The beds have an automatic mechanism, but mine wasn't working, but I forgot to report it and when leaving the hotel on the morning after our first night the desk staff advised that the new motor had arrived and would I mind if they installed it! And therefore it was working on my second night. The desk staff are very professional, friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed and and the beds are really comfy. This was the best stay of our 6 week trip to Europe.

• Liked — Lovely room, excellent hotel staff, free internet
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here and you will love it too
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
13 Thank dulcieb
san francisco
Reviewed September 28, 2006

great location, nice staff, clean well-appointed rooms. Would definitely return.

Stayed September 2006
13 Thank hwalk
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 24, 2006

I was advised to stay here during 3 business trips to Europe last year. It was great to walk to the Limmat, walk to the Old Town as well as many restaurants. I was travelling alone and the staff was excellent, even helping me to open my locally purchased toothpaste after my luggage was lost. The free drink voucher upon arrival is a wonderful touch. This was my first time in Europe and I felt very welcome.

Getting your check for dinner or coffee can be a challenge, however, my dining partner and I waited for over 30 minutes before we asked for the check. I walked out on a few coffees without paying during the afternoon mainly because I simply forgot to pay! The philosphy is to let you linger, but please remember to ask for the bill before you get annoyed. Also, they have 2 sizes of breakfast buffets...the higher priced one doesn't seem to offer much more than the "small" breakfast, several of us tried to dechiper the difference over a few trips to no avail. The offering of cheeses was amazing at breakfast, and dinner offerings include fish in addition to veal, happily.

Oh, and the smoking rooms are much better for nearly the same rate! My first room, booked by a collegue, looked like the accomodations in a mental institution! Everything was painted white, with white sheets on the bed. I asked for a smoking room on the next trip and was greeted to a balcony, wallpaper and decor. They do have adjustable beds, which is rather odd. It is a fun, quirky place to stay!

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — checkout bill in German, very hard to complete an expense report;)
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for a smoking room, much nicer!!! ask for the bill after dinner to get moving!
  • Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
14 Thank kim2027
Washington DC area
Reviewed September 11, 2006

I had been traveling on business for three weeks and decided to stay over in Zurich on the way home. I spent two nights at the Ambassador. The hotel was clean, well appointed and quiet. The staff was extremely cordial and helpful. My rate included breakfast each morning and the total cost was under $450 USD, a very reasonable rate compared to most similar European hotels. The Ambassador is centrally located, right on the Limmat River and within walking distance to the Old Town. I definitely would return to the Ambassador.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Room was a bit small
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
12 Thank palpa
Boston
Reviewed August 26, 2006

My husband and I stayed here in August for just one night as we were en route home and we wished we'd had several more nights to spend here. Excellent value for money spent. Lovely room, very well-apponted. Great beds, charming decor, very quiet with no outside noise. Thoughtful friendly service. Clean and totally pleasant. Very impressed by everything including the two welcome vouchers for a drink at their delighful terrraced restaurant -- this may have been a seasonal gesture but we certainly appreciated it just as we appreciated the sense of hospitality that pervades this small hotel.

• Stayed August 2006