“Fantastic food with a wonderful family atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of My Kitchen

My Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 1,891 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Oerlikon
Description: We will be closed from 13th April till the 17th of April for easter. See you again on the 18th of April!!
Switzerland
“Fantastic food with a wonderful family atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Where should I start? If you're after a wholesome yet affordable Malaysian homecook meal, look no further than My Kitchen Zurich. Both Leena and Sam are wonderful hosts and would introduce [new] customers to the array of delectable Malaysian homecook cuisine.

The restaurant is a 3 min walk from Oerlikon Zurich Bahnhof. The restaurant's open for lunch and dinner, albeit with a slightly different menu. Worth bringing a few friends along as well...and if you're not too sure what to order, there will be enough of Malaysians in the restaurant who will be more than willing to lend a helping hand. Enjoy and have a wonderful time there!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank yiwen-sam

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best (Malaysian) Restaurant in Zurich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Beautiful place for having excellent made Malaysian food or enjoy the sushi selection for a reasonable price. Check also the litchi drinks!

1 Thank Unicum81
“Best of Rasa Malaysia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Fabulous food! Great atmosphere. Best restaurant food outside Malaysia.
Restaurant is pretty small but well located. Staff are friendly. Food are fresh and have very authentic flavour of Malay cuisine. Highly recommended.

3 Thank Adipatania
“Outstanding food and extremely good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This is simply outstanding food at extremely good value.

A few notes which others might find useful:

1. The map link shows what I assume is their old location. Their new location is 5 minutes walk from Oerlikon train station.

2. The restaurant doesn't have an alcohol licence. Not a problem as the non alcoholic cocktails are excellent and amazing value at 5 CHF.

3. The menu is very short and is on a chalkboard on the wall. We chose two main courses (one chicken one vegetarian) and both were excellent and were authentic Malaysian, comparing favourably with our visit to Langkawi a few years ago. Main courses were 20 - 25 CHF each.

4. Don't wait for someone to come to the table to take your order; orders are placed at the counter.

5. Payment is in cash only.

6. It was good to see diners eating in get priority in terms of the kitchen order over walk in people asking for takeaways.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed the food and friendly service (including the sign saying 'Keep smiling'). Two main courses and 2 non alcoholic drinks cost us 55 CHF. Unbeatable value from what we've seen in Zurich!

We'll be back very soon....

2 Thank Keith M
Zurich, Switzerland
“This place may be small, but they offer excellent food and customer service just as it should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

There new location is now in Oerlikon (since May ’14). They are open for lunch M-F 11a-2p, dinner Mon-Sat 6p-10p. I stopped in for lunch at this restaurant which consisted of roughly 12 tables and high stools decorated in dark and natural wood colors.

Offered daily are three main dishes along with an assortment of vegetables. Choose your meat/main dish (I had the Malaysian chicken curry breast-18.50 CHF), then Sam puts rice on your plate (and always ask if you want more). That was all I expected and then he started putting on all of the sides (creamed spinach, pineapple mix, broccoli coconut curry, green beans, and sweet potato mix) for me to try. Wow, this food had flavor, it had spices and the meal was very filling. Take away orders are 1 CHF cheaper. Your meal also comes with sliced fruit to cool your mouth down after the meal. They offer bottled and canned beverages along with tap water.

During my entire dining experience, I had great conversation with Leena and Sam and they were such wonderful hosts. It was the best and most relaxing/comfortable dining experience that I recall receiving here in Zurich! I was also brought a special sauce of oil with crushed chilies, eggplant, onions and other special ingredients which added a nice splash of additional flavor to your dishes. They told me about the specials meals they make, such as, Thursday is sushi day, Friday is fresh bread (plain or with meat filling) day which Leena showed me on her phone video how they make it and shortly thereafter they brought me some out that Sam had whipped together in the kitchen! As it started getting busier for lunch Sam was serving some of his customers from their old location and he has a great sense of humor with the guests.

Leena and Sam are very proud of the food they offer and the design and restaurant upgrades they have made from the previous business located at this site. The restaurant and the restrooms are very clean.

I thanked Leena and Sam for a great dining experience and before I was able to leave the restaurant, Sam brought out some fried banana on a stick for me to try. They considered me, know, a part of the My Kitchen family.

Wow, what a great experience. This place is tops in all of Zurich and not just for their Malaysian food.

Definitely, give this place a try!

4 Thank FormerCaliBoy