“True gem in the city, not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maison Manesse

Maison Manesse
Ranked #79 of 1,891 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Contemporary, European, Delicatessen
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: WHITE. BLACK. FOOD. MOOD. FINE. DINE. ROCK. ROLL. EAT. MEET. SUPER. DUPER. Unerwartete Kreationen und unverschamte Desserts, die die Stadt noch nicht gesehen und geschmeckt hat. Die frei untereinander kombinierbaren Gange und Gerichte folgen keinem Gesetz ausser der Unvorhersehbarkeit und demjenigen, das sie den Geschmack eines anspruchsvollen Publikums treffen sollen, das sich fur ein Dinner gerne Zeit lasst. WELCOME. AT. MAISON. MANESSE.
Zurich, Switzerland
“True gem in the city, not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a truly authentic fine dinning experience this place cannot be missed. The stylish and casual setting is a refreshing shift away from typical fine dinning spots I recently visited such as Comme Chez Soi (Brussels) or Atelier de Joel Rebouchon (Paris).

Something I often look for but rarely find in fine dinning is a place without the stiff white gloves and service staff overlooking your every bite, a place where you can laugh out loud with friends while enjoying top quality culinary delights. I finally found this at Maison Manesse and have revisited 3 times with guests whom all agree.
The evenings were immensely enjoyed by all.

The price is reflected in the complexity of the ingredients making it fair and worthwhile. While the creativity and mix of flavors was both impressive and delicious in each of my courses. The staff was friendly and passionate about the food, while the head chef greeting our table at the end of the night was a nice touch.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Sarah S

New York City, New York
“extremely expensive but very gourmet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

i was shocked when i saw the size of my plate, the prices are like normal menus but the size of your meal is like an amouse bouche. i have to say it's a cool concept with the super gourmet style. every meal was a piece of art. it was delicious, however it wasn't worth the money.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank GeraldineR R
Geniesserlein, Geschäftsführer at Maison Manesse, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Geraldine,

in your review you are mentioning, that your experience was very gourmet.
Our 5 course menu costs 95.- CHF. A fair price for a high class dinner.

I would love to hear your feedback - so if you have the time, do not hesitate in calling me:
0444620101 or 0763703138.

Kind regards from Maison Manesse,

Miguel
Paris, France
“Most delicious dinner I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Beautiful little restaurant with charming staff and incredibly delicious food. This was the very best meal I've had on my holiday in switzerland.

• Visited January 2014
“Just amazing food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

If you live or visit Zurich, Maison manesse is the one that you shouldn't miss!!!

I went twice with my friends and my husband and had a set menu, the potion was good enough for us, also an every dish brought out was explained, on command in English, German or French, the chef of service did a very great job. We enjoyed our dishes immensely. It's obvious that Chef Fabian and his team put in much effort and thought into his menu and how it should be served.

We are looking forward to try his dishes again so soon !!

Hobart, Australia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I are currently living in Australia and were traveling through Europe last year. We both agreed that the food and wine we experienced was a real highlight and quality grade above what we were accustomed to. We then dined at Maison Manesse towards the end of our vacation and were completely blown away with our food and wine experience. Not only were the meals presented in truly artistic style, the flavours, layers and textures were exquisitely unique and a definite level above the rest.

Set in a stylish yet comfortable decor, the service was warm, entertaining and further made our night memorable. The wines, delicious.

• Visited October 2013