“Yummy food and lively ambiance”
Review of LOFT FIVE

LOFT FIVE
Ranked #48 of 1,955 Restaurants in Zurich
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Yummy food and lively ambiance”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We visited loft five in recently, food is tasty we ordered a whole meal with appetizer, dessert and a chicken dish.
Appetizer was excellent
Main course was good
Dessert was the best - chocolate mousse
Ambiance and the location is the best part of the restaurant
Bit pricey but worth it!!

• Visited August 2014

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Lively Atmosphere and Delicious Food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had drinks and dinner once in my recently business trip. Surprisingly, it works very well for gathering with co-workers (including senior ones if they are fun and relaxing type), family and friends as my first impression is "wow, this is too young and trendy!"

Environment: The deco is eclectic with large (really large for 20+ people) and small wood tables mixed with large lamps, big french windows and old gadgets like motorbikes as decoration. The music is louder than the usual restaurants you would go to for business occasion but very good for friend gathering. It is not crowded but quite full so if you stand for drinks, you will have service people passing around. We were a group of 9 and sat on the big wood table sharing with other customers. You can just hear the person sitting opposite to you but some effort is needed.

Food: Delicious! The tender beef ribs are juicy and tasty. Good quality beef is very common in Switzerland (compared to the U.K.) but this restaurant really knows how to cook meat. My colleagues were very happy with their orders (burgers, minced beef etc) as well. The drinks especially the non alcoholic cocktails are amazing. I definitely learn a few tips and will try to make them at home.

Service: food and drinks were served quickly and the waitress serving us was friendly and gave good recommendation on the drinks. No complaint at all.

Value for money: It is not cheap but also not expensive given Zurich's living standard. The cocktails are around 15 Swiss Francs.

I will definitely go if I visit Zurich with friends and family.

• Visited July 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“good also for bigger groups”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had booked the large table for a group over more than 20 people. I had pre-ordered the menu incl. 1 very special menu for a recently operated person as well as 2 vegitarians. The waiters were fast, the quickly pointed out who had special wishes and also for the instant changes they had quick solutions.
Very good and profesional service. Definitly a place I would recommand to use for bigger groups, but also for a nice evening with friends.
The food was good, fast and nice.
The only thing I realised was that it is quite loud in there when it is full.

• Visited June 2014
“Bland boring food, poor service”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We went to Loft Five on a Friday evening. It wasn't too full.
The guy who took us to our table was polite, but that was about it. I suppose we weren't the usual "banker" type they get there.
To continue the theme the waiter only did the bare minimum, took orders and served. We were never asked if we enjoyed our food, if we want anything else or if we want more drinks.
The "Try and Buy" wine system they have is a joke. They want you to pay around 4 CHF for 0.25 dl (a sip) and the 0.5 dl (two sips) often costs the same as the 1 dl (small glass).
The food was of good quality (but in Zurich, for that price, that's usually a given). My friend and I had the pulled pork sandwich, it was absolutely tasteless. The chips/fries weren't crunchy nor well salted. My wife had the buffalo curry wurst, the taste was OK but again lacked any form of spice/heat. For desert we had the cheese cake. The white one was fine, but again nothing special. The chocolate one was terrible. We couldn't finish it.
After almost dieing of dehydration, I thought restaurants make their money selling drinks, we decided to call it a night.
I will not go back again.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Crissy81
Switzerland
“good lunch place”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

at lunch there is a good variety of choices at reasonable (Zurich !) prices. It is a bit hiden but if you come by train, it is perfectly located. It has possibility to sit outside abd enjoy the summer sun

• Visited May 2014