“Lived up to expectations”

Holy Cow! Gourmet Burger Company
Ranked #81 of 2,012 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Holy Cow! Is about fresh, nutritious, and tasty locally produced home made food that is cooked in front of your eyes and served to you in minutes in a fresh and fun environment. All burger ingredients are freshly prepared every day using only use the best locally sourced Swiss meat and vegetable products. Every single burger served is cooked to order. At this time we do not take reservations, however there is plenty of seating so come on by!
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were happy with the meals here - the chips were definitely a highlight, and the meal including a drink is a good option as it more than satisfied my hunger. We had a Satay chicken and chick 'n Cheese, both were tasty but the cheese was especially tasty. Although the menu was in French, most of the burger names were English and the staff were multilingual so don't let language put you off! It was fast as well as big servings, so great if you have been travelling or exploring all day!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Excellent value proposition. Local food ingredients, soda drinks replaced by sirups and other home made drinks.

Very friendly multi language service.

Really cool!

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Visited last night on my way through Zurich.....found it on tripadvisor and followed directions....only 5 minutes walk from the hauptbahnhof. CHF22 for an Elvis Bluecheese burger, fries and a bottle of their in-house beer - not much more than a BK meal at the station and infinitely better!

What can I say - service was very fast. I'd barely sat down and the meal was served. Fresh fries, tasty burger (pink in the middle - just how I like it) and good beer.

No criticisms, but this is an upmarket fast-food joint, so don't expect fine dining surroundings. But if you've a spare hour while you're waiting for a train, you must walk past BK and MickyD's across the road and go to Holy Cow!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Many people rate this place really high, and it was near my hotel so I tried it one day. Honestly I could not find anything special about the Burger. I had my hopes up on previous reviews and their branded beer was quite good. I got my Burger, took a bite and was like ahhh. Really nothing special. I would recommend going to Papa Joe's to get a burger instead if you are in Zurich.

On the positive side it was by far the cheapest meal I had in Zurich, so if your on a budget and need to fill your stomach it will suffice.

Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Holy Cow! Gourmet Burger Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Hello Stephen G.

We always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations and we are sad to hear that wasn’t the case for you at our restaurant in Zürich.

Our beef patties are made of 100% Swiss beef with a unique blend of spices that make up for the Holy Cow! taste. In addition our sauces are made daily with real vegetables, which were designed to compliment our burgers.

We do have a wide range of options in our menu, we hope you will come to try another one soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Holy Cow has huge mouth-watering selection of burgers; from beef, chicken to veggie and some are very interesting like those blue cheese and Satay burgers. It is self-service where you choose a burger or a menu from the big black board (menu was written in French but they’ll explain it in a perfect English) and you’ll get a cup for the drink which can be refilled and they’ll bring the burger to your table. Service was prompt and friendly; burgers and their hand-cut chunky fries were to die for and the menu set was very filling though it costs generally about 15 francs but it’s worth it and you just have to get used to Zurich’s sky-high price!

1  Thank Miyumi N