“A great way to explore the city!”
Review of Free Walk Zurich

and up
Swiss Chocolate Walking Tour of Zurich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore Zurich, Switzerland's little big multicultural city. Discover how a small city founded during the Roman times became today's discreet financial empire. Learn about its religious heritage, its episodes of turmoil and about the challenges and major changes Zurich is facing today. We offer a Downtown tour every day at 11am (Paradeplatz 8, next to Credit Suisse) and many more tours, check our website for all dates.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Having lived in Zurich for 6 months my family came to visit for the Xmas markets. I had heard through friends about the Free Walking Tour and thought it would be a good way for my mother and wife to see the city. The tour lasted about 90 minutes but was done at a good pace as it was a little cold on the day. Maria was an excellent guide, who did not bombard you with facts and dates but simply told you what was interesting but also made time for questions. I would say the tour covered some of the most beautiful parts of the city and some of the best photographic areas. Both my mother and my wife really enjoyed the tour and we all recommend it further.

N.B. It is a "free" tour but in my opinion, a tip of around 10 CHF is more than acceptable for such a lovely activity.

1  Thank tecork
"old town"
in 101 reviews
"main sights"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"private tour"
"tours"
in 95 reviews
"emre"

Reviewed December 6, 2014

We spent our first morning in Zurich doing this tour. It was highly valuable as an introduction to Zurich and it's history. Our guide was pleasant and knowledgable and the group a reasonable size. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed December 6, 2014

On a cold November day a charming young woman, as it turned out a very international one, who simply LOVES Zurich and to live here, welcomed us. After a few words of introduction and getting to know where the other co-walkers are from, we started our walk across Paradeplatz, over to the Fraumünster Church, where our guide not only gave just the right amount information about the history, the beautiful Chagall windows, the protector saints of Zurich as well as a very interesting tidbit about a small gate attached at the outside of the church, seemingly leading nowhere.....even I as a native Zurich person (I had a guest from Ecuador whom I accompanied on the walk) did not know. Our guide was excellent and also a highly skilled communicator: she first told us what we were going to see as we walked along, then explained the sight, always with a historical background – and let me tell you there is tons of historical background in Zurich – and at the new sight reminded us what we had just seen and how it was connected to the new sight. The best part was her enthusiasm and deep knowledge. I would say the Free Walk in Zurich is one of the musts in Zurich.

1  Thank Christina H
Reviewed December 6, 2014

When you have just a weekend to visit and sightseeing a big town it's all you need is a fast guided tour of the most important sights !!so did we do !maria was an excellent guide and we learnt so much of her tour around Zurich !!