“Exceptional service and very good Chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ya Ke

Ya Ke
Ranked #464 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Zurich, Switzerland
“Exceptional service and very good Chinese food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Located about two blocks from Lochergut Tram stop with the Tram #2 or #3. This small Mom & Pop restaurant with about 11 tables seating sizes from three to seven people per table. Music plays in the background and there are daily newspapers for guests to read. During my visit only three other tables were occupied, so it was a nice relaxing spot for lunch.

This restaurant excels in customer service. I was checked on before, during and after my meal about my pleasure with my meal. They offer about five daily lunch special ranging in price from CHF 14.50-19.50. These specials are listed at the menu posted outside the door and also at the very back of the menu card.

I opted for the Sweet and sour chicken CHF 16.50 which comes with soup and rice. I alsoportions were fresh, large and very good.

The bathrooms were clean.

Before I left, the lady owner made it a point to shake my hand and thank me for my visit.

• Visited June 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent and genuine chinese Restaurant with fantastic service.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went there because of the previous reviews and I was not disappointed ! We first had samosa and springrolls, both dishes were very tasty and accompanied with hot sauces. As main courses we had fried rice with beef and sechuan style beef, once again the dishes were really tasty and the portions generous. All in all if you are looking for authentic chinese cuisine without all the irrelevant fanciness of expensive restaurants: Ya Ke is the place to go. We were quite sorry to be the only guests of the restaurant that night as it truely deserves better ! The tenants are also very kind and smiling. Will definitely go back there again soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Very friendly people and delicious food”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you are looking for very good chinese food then you are in the right place here. A little hidden in the quarter, but well worthy finding it. The food is great and the portions are pretty big - I will definately go there again. :)

1 Thank TastyHomer
Moscow, Russia
“Very Delicious Chinese Food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The place is not very famous but believe me u need to taste food there. The owners are chinese family, wife is waiter and husbad is a chef, the atmosphere is pretty cosy, the portion is huge lunch menu + drink is about 20 chf. The lunch menu is soup and rice + the main course to choose. I will go there once again for sure.

Zürich
“Food here is excellent! and Very friendly couple running the restaurant!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Friendly reception from Madam Hsu who took our coats. Her smiling face made the ambience warmer! We were 3 guests and ordered Shrimp dumpling (2 portions) for starters. They tasted great! This was followed by main course. We ordered Kung Pao Shrimps (spicy), Sweet and sour Fish (Excellent choice!) and MaPo Tofu... good sized portions and very delicious!! Chef Hsu came out to see if everything was okay. I took a photo of the friendly couple so I could recommend their little gem of a restaurant. Location wise not so strategic but tram stop is close by 5 mins walking distance. Lots of parking space if you drive around the area. What captured me was the friendly couple and the extremely great tasting food! Will definately come back again!

• Visited March 2013