“Good safe bet - nice deco”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of AURA

AURA
Ranked #199 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: European, Central European, International
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Brussels, Belgium
“Good safe bet - nice deco”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Long restaurant with open kitchen - very much resembling a Hyatt style resto. The food was good but not extraordinary. Service was outstanding. Seating on benches is to be avoided (altough difficult due to the lay out). Open doors means that some areas are drafty and unpleasant to sit. Can recommend but get the seating right.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Only for young Bankers on Big Bonus!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Sizzling place for the hot gang of men on expense accounts. Food is good, but that is all. No Burgundy by the glass, Chilean wine was suggested as replacement. The maitre .'d also suggested a cabernet from Tuscany, but did not know from which region it came. I ended up with a small bottle of a nice burgundy i found on the wine card myself, which cost me a whopping 70 swiss francs. My simple meal of a small green salad ( bowl too deep to eat from comfortly, dressing too sugary, had to add salt, pepper and olive oil,) nicely grilled rack of lamb (6 pieces) with gratin dauphinois charged extra with that small bottle of wine and a caraf of sparkling water came to 146,75 chf. When the waitress processing my payment suggested i add a tip to that bill for her, i said that my budget was gone, and she retaliated saying that was no reason not to give her a tip. When i snapped and said she had a choice of working at a less expensive restaurant, she said that i certainly had a choice of eating elsewhere too,... To which i agreed wholeheartedly.

Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good food in nice ambiance”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Trendy new restaurant in the old Swiss stock exchange building. I haven't been here since clubbing at Alte Börse back in the day. The wait staff were quite friendly and spoke passable English. Our server was having some issues understanding us, but it could have also been due to the noise in the room. It was really loud, and we practically had to shout at each other for dinner conversation.

It was really packed on a Wednesday night, so it was a good thing we made reservations beforehand. I loved the ambiance--a cool, modern, earthy style, almost zen-garden-like, with lots of natural stone and wood. There was also plenty of light, which I prefer rather than eating in semi-darkness.

The restrooms were amazing. I really liked the mosaic-tiled sinks. There is also a cool wine cellar right before you enter. I wish I had my phone on me to take a picture, but I didn't think to bring it with me, and I didn't want to look like a lame-o who went back to the toilet just to take a photo. :P

I was a bit exhausted from lack of sleep, so I didn't drink any alcohol and can't comment on the drinks. There is quite an extensive menu with lots of yummy-sounding options, and I opted for the grilled white tuna with basil, black olives, and eggplant caviar. You can order it as an appetizer or a main dish, and I chose the larger size for my meal. Given my past experience in their sister restaurant Tao's, I assumed that the dishes didn't come with any sides, so I ordered a side of almond broccoli.

Turned out that my dish came on a huge bed of vegetables, so I really didn't need the additional side. Oh well. I still stuffed it all in though, because the food was quite delicious. My tuna was tender and perfectly cooked, the veggies were a tiny bit salty for my taste, but still good. The curious "eggplant caviar" turned out to be regular cooked eggplant that was chopped up. My almond broccoli was delicious. Perfectly cooked broccoli with the nice crunch of slivered, toasted almonds. I never realized that such a simple dish could be so yummy. Very glad that I ordered it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank I-Lin10
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice ambiance, bad service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I heard a lot about the AURA restaurant, Bar and Smokerslounge, so I wanted to see it myself.
My plan to go there was that I go in the late afternoon in thesmokerslounge to enjoy a cigar and a cognac, and after that I wanted to have dinner in the restaurant, located one floor lower.

So I sat down with three other friends in the smokerslounge and orderd the digestifes and the card for the cigar.
Unfortunately two of three digetifes were the false and the cigarcard, on an iPad, came too late and it s not comfortable and not clearly represented.
After orderd again the right digestifes and the cigars, the digestifes finally arrived.
But not one cigar.
So again we needed to remind the waitress to bring us what we ve orderd.
After like 30 minutes we had all what we d liked.
But the mood to have dinner with the same servicequality was allready away.
So we cancelled the table and we left and went to another restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Cool decor, great bar, ok food and catastrophic service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was super impressed when first walking into Aura and had a great experience with cocktails with friends in the bar upstairs. Zurich was in need of hip dining experience that Aura offers. The bar service upstairs was super friendly and professional. When we were seated for dinner we already had a great impression of the place and wanted to consider booking our Christmas party. The menu was not explained and just given to us and when one from our company asked the waitress what dish out of two would she recommend she just stated arrogantly "They are both good". Ok..... Food was expensive for what it was and everything needed to be ordered separately but ok it is located in one of the highest rent areas in the world. But when we got the bill we were surprised to see that we were charged 90CH for water! We were just served water from a glass jar with no name or brand. They kept filling our water the entire dinner and ended up charging this ridiculous price of 14 CH for water per liter that you have no clue where it was from. I know in Zurich they often charge for just plain tap water but when you offer water at the table you don't up-sell and continue to bring water to the table at that price with no brand or nothing. If it was Voss or Fiji and you saw the bottles which is how most nice restaurants operate bringing a branded bottle to the table you would know it would cost but this is a complete scam and we felt really screwed on a commodity that costs the restaurant 1 cent to provide. The manager was extremely rude about my inquiry and made me feel "cheap" because I didn't want to pay some ridiculous price for water I don't know where it came from and just continuously served without being asked. Would you buy a bottle of wine and not ask to see the "label"? The whole set-up just makes you feel dirty. The waiter then adjusted the bill after trying to argue with me that this is normal for Zurich and left the bill and said a cheaper price of 36CH for "water for Africa" and a donation slip and walked away. Ok so you charge 14 CH and don't donate a cent and then adjust the bill and say the tap water is at a price and a donation is given to charity......I know this is a procedure in some restaurants but the way he talked to me was the worst and most insulting experiences I have ever encountered in a restaurant and especially for one that is suppose to be so nice. Not only did the restaurant disappoint me but our entire group of 8 after seeing how we were treated which you would need to filmed to believe how arrogant and insulting this behavior was.

• Visited April 2013