“Original Japanese Cuisine and good quality!”
Review of Takano City

Takano City
Ranked #1,496 of 1,973 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Every time that we visit this restaurant we are satisfied! The dishes are well-prepared and the portions ideal. The place is clean and tidy and Mr. Takano and his wife are always ready to take care of us!

1  Thank Alexandergreat
There are newer reviews for Takano City

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to me by my Japanese colleague who said that I can have authentic Japanese food there, in a clean but not fancy setting. So far I've only had a lunch there and tried their ramen. It was way too salty for my taste but then I use very little salt so I def. will give this place another chance and go there once for dinner. Service was just ok.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Although the food itself wasn't bad, it was a bit expensive (hence "Takaii"), particularly the noodle dishes. But after all this is in the middle of Zurich.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

It's ashame that they are no longer open on Sunday, however I've visited Takano City more times than I can recall, and I always order the same dish, "Katsu Don" because it's semi-exotic (or at least a bit different), very tasty and always fills you up..

Whenever i've visited in the evening, there was always seating, it was never too-crowded and the service was always quick.

Simply said, this is a well run restaurant, by an excellent chef, serving delicious food and i've never had any major issue.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

First the positives: very kind waiteress,smiling, polite and nice.
Minuses: unfortunately the food was of poor quality. My husband ordered the sushi menu to get stomach problems the same evening. The meal looked not so fresh compared to what the eye is used to in other places in Zurich. I took beef with eggs, on glass noodles and rice. It was also very poor quality: too much sauce, too few glass noodles and poor quality rice, not at all sticky like you would expect it in a Japanese restaurant.
All and all very poor experience. Too bad, cause from outside it looked like the typical small boutique restaurants in Tokyo.

1  Thank kizkouz