“Great outdoor brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fork & Bottle

Fork & Bottle
Ranked #303 of 1,896 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Farm-to-table cuisine and an ever-changing menu of craft beer and artisanal wine, Fork & Bottle invites you in to enjoy great food and drink in a relaxed country setting.
“Great outdoor brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place is a bit in the middle of nowhere but turned out to be a nice experience. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the tram stop. The food was American brunch and was quite good. I had the crabcake benedict and my friend had the french toast. The fresh juice and smoothies are delicious as well. Service was on par with rest of Zurich. Overall, a good experience.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth C

Zurich, Switzerland
“The best place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

So we were at the fork and bottle on Sunday the 18th of May and couldn't have been happier! We arrived with no reservation around 12 and it was totally full!! A man greeted us ( Mick I think ) and he asked if we had a reservation and we explained to him that it was a spontaneous visit. He took 5 mins an then came back smiling and told us that we were lucky and that he could get us a great table for 6 and it was a great table for all of us. The food was unbelievable as well as the service and the setting was glorious..we will be back for sure!!
Thank you for making our spontaneous Sunday a great one!

Richterswil, Switzerland
“Nice Food but chaotic & Noisy!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

More than a month in advance, I booked brunch at Fork & Bottle after my daughter's First Communion for a Party of 12. Although I had never been there, I had read so many good reviews and was excited to try it out. I even stopped by to talk to the owner, Mike and Special Events coordinator, Amy to review our seating options prior to our Event.

Although we were a small group, we were promised a table in the back corner in the lower part of the Restaurant. What we received was far from it! My party was placed at a long table in a busy and very, very, loud upper dining area! Our promised table was given to other guests and they insisted that the table we received was better for a party of our size...... how untrue!!
Although the food was good and Portion sizes large, I noticed that all of our adult guests ordered smoothies & bread baskets in what I believe was an attempt to eat and leave the place ASAP! We could hardly hear ourselves talking!

At the end of the meal, the staff Person apologized for not placing us at the promised table, but the damage was done. Although the kids in our party enjoyed the meal, the adults weren't so impressed.

In my opinion, the owner and staff must do better! Although I'm English speaking and like the concept, I thought the service was shabby and that a German menu is a must in German-speaking Switzerland! The majority of my guests were Swiss, and they couldn't even read the menu. This should definitely be addressed!

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank jrj1009
Zurich, Switzerland
“Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Nachos are DELICIOUS!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was looking for a not too pricey burger restaurant in Zurich for my boyfriend and his friend and found "Fork and Bottle" in the internet. It had some good reviews and the prices were ok so we made a reservation and went there by car. The restaurant is located a little out of the way, nearby a freeway so without a car it's inconvenient to get there. But to avoid the hustle in the city and enjoy the nature and green, it's perfect! It has a nice outdoor seating and garden, a little pony ranch infront of the restaurant and a playroom on the upper floor so it's kids-friendly, too.
The choice on the menu is not big but attractive and apaprently changing every week. The selection of beer on the other hand is huge! I'm not a beer drinker but even I knew that the beers were special. They have lots of special craft beers that are brewed in Switzerland and Italy.
The interior of the restaurant is not special but clean and homey, with an American touch.
As a starter we ordered the "Spinach and Artichoke dip served with a basked full of Nacho chips" for CHF 14.-; a little expensive but soooooooooooooooooooo gooood!!!! Then I ordered the "Black Bean Veggie Burger" (CHF 19.-) that comes along with hand cut fries. When I took the first bite, I regretted that I didn't order the normal burger ("Classic Fork & Bottle Burger" CHF 22.-) like my bf and his friend... The handmade bun was good, the patty itself was not bad but absolutely not my taste... X( I guess it was because of the "Chili Jam" - the patty was slightly sweet. The fries were ok, not the best... Next time, we should come here in summer to sit outside and for Sunday brunch. Read so many good things about it!
Here is also a detailed review on my blog: http://a-secret-blogger.blogspot.ch/2013/11/fork-bottle.html

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank a-secret-blogger
Zurich, Switzerland
“slow unorganised service - good smoothies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was there 2 times. The first time the service was chaotic and long waiting hours. Smoothies are very good though! French fries wasn't good. I had stomach problems for 3 days and so did my friends who ate the same. The second time was even worse. Slow and unorganised service. Waitress was friendly but the place is so chaotic. It took ages to get the menu (why don't they put it on the table???) so I went inside to get the menu myself. By the time we finally had our bread basket with butter and jam (in the sun) we didn't have any napkins or knife or fork. So we waited for the knife. Still no one arrived so had to get our cutlery ourselves inside again (why don't they put a basket with forks, knifes, spoons, napkins for everyone on the table??) By the time I had a knife, the butter was almost melted. Then they forgot our pancakes and my smoothy. We did complain and they took the bread basket of the bill - which was fair. Overall a nice place, good smoothies and good brunch (except for the fries). They are really trying and they did apologise for the slow service, but they need a more organised restaurant manager. For these prices I would expect a better service

• Visited April 2014