“Big American food + interesting beers”
Review of Fork & Bottle

Fork & Bottle
Ranked #315 of 1,944 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Farm-to-table cuisine and an ever-changing menu of craft beer and artisanal wine, Fork & Bottle invites you in to enjoy great food and drink in a relaxed country setting.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Big American food + interesting beers”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

All main courses are huge and really heavy, tasty but unhealthy side.
Small home cooked menu that changes t the regular basis.
Very long list of beers that the master can explain and choose the perfect match for you.

The reasons that I give only four stars are there's really no light choices which some people do need foe some occasions.
Also potato wedges looked nice, but was rather tasteless.

A bit out of town but I'd go back to this place when I have cravings for burger

I had
- natcho with warm spinach and artichoke dip
- BBQ ribs with potato wedges
- California common (beer)

1 Thank cake_0

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great city escape”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

You can feel the love and effort behind each dish! Great service. We had an event there for 40 friends. No order was too small or too complicated. We'll be back - individually. Thank you owner and staff!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ein zweites Zuhause”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Fork and Bottle is like a home away from home for me. The food is excellent - also for a vegetarian like myself. The veggie burger is honestly the best I've had and the breakfast burrito for brunch on a Sunday is my favourite. The service is great - all the staff are so warm, friendly and familiar and, at the same time, super efficient. You can tell that they enjoy working at F&B. The owners are absolutely fantastic and, of course, the restaurant's treasured mascot is always there to greet the guests!

1 Thank amon3383
Zurich, Switzerland
“A great juicy burger, a view of Uetliberg and a variety of specialty bottled beers from Italy & Switzerland”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Located under and at the entrance to the on ramp of the elevated autobahn, so a bit noisy, but still it is open space with a huge patio area with views of Uetliberg and the Zurich fussball team outdoor practice fields. An easily accessible 10 minute train ride from Zurich HB with the S-Bahn (S4) to Brunau and walking across the street.

I was greeted by a really, really sweet hostess, Diane, and we ended up talking about this weeks great weather, their restaurant beginning the summer outdoor season, offering live band performances on the patio. We had a great conversation and she offered me their business card and also a listing of all of the bottled beers they offer.

I ordered a draft beer (CHF 5.50) and wanted her opinion on a few items on the menu, then I opted for the Burger and fries (CHF 20). The burger came with lettuce, tomato, pickle, garlic spread on a toasted bun and I also ordered cheese. The burger was very juicy and tasted very good and the fries were also good. The food was overall very good! The view of the green belt and Uetliberg made for a special environment.

Negative: There does seem to be some conflict between their website prices and what they charge. Though it stated Burger and fries on the website CHF 20, they actually charge CHF 22 (note: I did have cheese added on my burger, but it was not listed or charged separately on my receipt). Also, the website lists the draft beer (CHF 5.50), but they actually charge (CHF 6), so the website needs to be brought up to date. The serving of fries, though delicious, was very small and could have easily been doubled in portion size for a reasonable serving.

I did previously stop by during the month of January, but it was during the week and there was a sign posted on the entrance door that they would only be open for Sunday brunch during January. The January hours were also on their home page under the recent post section.

In general, a very good visit and excellent food. I can not say enough good things about my hostess, Diane, as she made me feel very welcomed and appreciated and I look forward to returning again!

Scarborough
“Funky place, good cuisine and slightly on the expensive side”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Don't let the outside fool you, the restaurant is a funky, alternative restaurant with good cuisine. One thing I really like about the menu is, that they offer different dishes than your standard redundant Swiss menus. The quality of the food, the preparation and presentation were all satisafactory and suggests, that the owner really thought about making this place different from other restaurants. The food tasted good, service was friendly but it's definitely on the pricier level for a place with paper napkins and papaer tablecloths. I will definitely go back there for special occasions.

1 Thank gone_aforeign