All reviews birch trees yoga mat hotel bikes the penthouse trolley ride fully equipped kitchen great design living room dining table main building open windows longer stay breakfast spread comfortable bed the hotel staff cleaning staff late check
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was a home away from home, since I stayed here during moving apartments. The location of the hotel was really practical for me with many public transportation options nearby.

I got a very warm welcome from the front desk staff. Lea, who handled my check-in and departure was very accommodating and helpful.

My room was flawlessly clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. My room in the courtyard was quiet and the surrounding birch trees gave it a pleasant atmosphere. The housekeeping staff were so friendly and patient as I opted for a late check-out.

It's well worth the stay.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Mitarbeiter G, Assistant Front Office Manager at Greulich Design & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2019

Dear rrust

Thank you so much for your flattering feedback.
We are happy we could be your second home while moving apartments.
Your nice review about the staff will be forwarded to the team.
We will be happy welcoming you any time again.

Reviewed April 18, 2019

First time in Zurich and this was a really nice place to stay, its not right in the center but a very easy walk to the center, we walked twice a day with children, so its most definitely doable! Approx a 20 min walk and I did see there is a tram stop about 5 min walk away.

Staff were amazing, so very friendly and helpful, always greeted with a smile and a warm welcome.

Room was great, very clean, very big and very modern. Bigger than my first ever apartment in London. The only small issue I had is the room can become quite warm at night time, at home I love to sleep with a window open, sadly I couldnt do this here because when the window was open the noise outside was too loud. Also I was not able to get any hard pillows despite asking. These are VERY minor things. I would most def stay at this hotel again if I found myself in Zurich.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Mitarbeiter G, Assistant Front Office Manager at Greulich Design & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Dear Karen U

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We feel really flattered about it.

We are happy that we could convience with our location, the room and the staff.
For your next stay with family (if the children are old enough) we recommend you two Design Double Rooms next to each other in out quiet courtyard.
We will be really happy if we can be your host again.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

They even had our same trash can! :) Genuinely kind and helpful staff that welcomed us to Zurich. We appreciated that it wasn't in a touristy spot, but easily walkable to other areas. We stayed in the penthouse and it was great to take a bath and stretch out after a long flight. We also appreciated having all the different outdoor spaces to get fresh air and views.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear sujin13

Thank you for your nice review!
We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in our Living Penthouse Loft. Wonderful, that you had an great expierence in and around our hotel.
See you next time in Zurich.

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

The hotel was situated perfectly for walks to and from the city center. Staff was very friendly and they gave me good advice on how to explore Zürich and the surroundings. The room was situated in a courtyard and was perfect for my weekend stay. Nice little gym with small hand weights (Maybe some bigger weights would be a good idea) As a solo traveller this hotel was excellent!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Mitarbeiter G, Trainee Front Office at Greulich Design & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Dear Philtheexplorer

Thank you so much for your lovely review. How great it is to hear that you could enjoy our location. Your compliments to the team and the hotel are much aprecciated . Your Input about the weights will also be considered .
We all will be very happy to welcome you back some time soon.

Marlon Hare

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

I had a one night business trip to Zurich and stayed at Greulich Design and Lifestyle Hotel. I arrived very late in the evening and left very early in the morning so didn’t really get to enjoy the hotel to its fullest.

The positives: a very clean and vast space. I was given suite 22 which had a very large living space, separate bedroom and a full kitchen. The shower was extremely powerful and the WiFi was fast and free. The bed was fairly comfortable for a one night stay (if not a little utilitarian) and the decor is very modern (like being in an upmarket version of an Ikea showroom....I’m sure hotel management will hate me for saying that). It was also incredibly quiet, having looked at the floor plan, I think there were only two suites on each floor. The man on the front desk, Sedik, was extremely friendly and accommodating - particularly as I checked in at 11:30pm and then departed at 6am. He even gave me a coffee for the taxi journey to the airport.

The downside: I couldn’t quite work out whether I enjoyed the experience of being in such a big space for such a short stay. It seemed like I had to make a real effort to just get a glass of water from the kitchen. I didn’t see any other guests so the place felt a little soulless. Also a little odd that I had a full kitchen yet every cupboard, drawer and the fridge was empty, except for a small number of cups and plates. Had I been staying here for a week with the family, the kitchen and dining table might have come in handy. Having said that there was only one bed so am not sure if they could accommodate any additional guests - perhaps in the living room? I liked the design quirks (there are little sheep all over the hotel, including in the room) and didn’t mind the modern furniture, but it looked a little sparse in the big space. The towels were very thin and the pillows were not very comfortable at all.

However the location was good - being only 5 mins walk from my office and only 20 mins by taxi to the airport.

If you are looking for somewhere that is different to the usual chain hotel and want space to spread out, then this could be a good option. I didn’t get to try the food, but the coffee was nice! Overall it ticks the boxes in terms of good location, good shower, decent WiFi and clean and comfortable bed. It just lacked a little atmosphere.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Mitarbeiter G, Trainee Front Office at Greulich Design & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear David

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time and writing us such a detailed feedback. It pleases us very much to hear that you were happy with our spacious Living Design Loft. Sedik was flattered and had a huge smile on his face as we showed him your feedback - he thanks you very much for that. We also appreciate your comments about the tidyness and quality of the room. We would be happy to welcome you and your family back in our Living Design Loft. In order to accomodate your family we will prepare a Queen sized sofabed which is located in the living room as presumed by you.

Marlon Hare