All reviews birch trees yoga mat hotel bikes the penthouse trolley ride fully equipped kitchen great design living room dining table main building open windows longer stay breakfast spread comfortable bed the hotel staff cleaning staff late check
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

The hotel was situated perfectly for walks to and from the city center. Staff was very friendly and they gave me good advice on how to explore Zürich and the surroundings. The room was situated in a courtyard and was perfect for my weekend stay. Nice little gym with small hand weights (Maybe some bigger weights would be a good idea) As a solo traveller this hotel was excellent!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Mitarbeiter G, Trainee Front Office at Greulich Design & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Dear Philtheexplorer

Thank you so much for your lovely review. How great it is to hear that you could enjoy our location. Your compliments to the team and the hotel are much aprecciated . Your Input about the weights will also be considered .
We all will be very happy to welcome you back some time soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

I had a one night business trip to Zurich and stayed at Greulich Design and Lifestyle Hotel. I arrived very late in the evening and left very early in the morning so didn’t really get to enjoy the hotel to its fullest.

The positives: a very clean and vast space. I was given suite 22 which had a very large living space, separate bedroom and a full kitchen. The shower was extremely powerful and the WiFi was fast and free. The bed was fairly comfortable for a one night stay (if not a little utilitarian) and the decor is very modern (like being in an upmarket version of an Ikea showroom....I’m sure hotel management will hate me for saying that). It was also incredibly quiet, having looked at the floor plan, I think there were only two suites on each floor. The man on the front desk, Sedik, was extremely friendly and accommodating - particularly as I checked in at 11:30pm and then departed at 6am. He even gave me a coffee for the taxi journey to the airport.

The downside: I couldn’t quite work out whether I enjoyed the experience of being in such a big space for such a short stay. It seemed like I had to make a real effort to just get a glass of water from the kitchen. I didn’t see any other guests so the place felt a little soulless. Also a little odd that I had a full kitchen yet every cupboard, drawer and the fridge was empty, except for a small number of cups and plates. Had I been staying here for a week with the family, the kitchen and dining table might have come in handy. Having said that there was only one bed so am not sure if they could accommodate any additional guests - perhaps in the living room? I liked the design quirks (there are little sheep all over the hotel, including in the room) and didn’t mind the modern furniture, but it looked a little sparse in the big space. The towels were very thin and the pillows were not very comfortable at all.

However the location was good - being only 5 mins walk from my office and only 20 mins by taxi to the airport.

If you are looking for somewhere that is different to the usual chain hotel and want space to spread out, then this could be a good option. I didn’t get to try the food, but the coffee was nice! Overall it ticks the boxes in terms of good location, good shower, decent WiFi and clean and comfortable bed. It just lacked a little atmosphere.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Mitarbeiter G, Trainee Front Office at Greulich Design & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear David

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time and writing us such a detailed feedback. It pleases us very much to hear that you were happy with our spacious Living Design Loft. Sedik was flattered and had a huge smile on his face as we showed him your feedback - he thanks you very much for that. We also appreciate your comments about the tidyness and quality of the room. We would be happy to welcome you and your family back in our Living Design Loft. In order to accomodate your family we will prepare a Queen sized sofabed which is located in the living room as presumed by you.

Reviewed February 25, 2019

Few words to describe to unique atmosphere of the Greulich Hotel: design rooms with all comfors and a detail on healthy and Swiss products: apples, Swiss sparkling and plate water, tea; best shower and body products from "L'Occitane en Oriente"; perfect breakfast, nice people and - over the top - a dedicated yoga room (obviosly: a yoga mat in all rooms)!

Room tip: Best rooms in the groundfloor.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Simoneleonardi

Thank you so much for this awesome feedback! We really appreciate such great reviews. It's great to read that you like the atmosphere in our hotel and our local products. For your next stay we can recommend our Detox-Package which has a Yoga lesson, a refreshig drink and a healthy salad included in the room rate.We look forward to be your home away from home soon again.

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely one night stay here on Friday. We were in one of the courtyard rooms which first look like a set of garages!! Inside they are funky, functional, clean and comfortable. It was our anniversary weekend and they put rose petals in the room. The lady in the bar was fabulous, she looked after us so well as did the other lovely colleagues.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Lisa

Thank you so much for this lovely review! It pleases us to hear that you could enjoy your stay in our quiet courtyard. We hope to welcome you back some time in one of our funky rooms and thank you very much for the compliment to the staff.

Reviewed February 9, 2019

Being my first stay in Greulich, my room was upgraded to a nice suite with a living/study area. A very nice welcome indeed! Service was very friendly, with smiles always at the ready. Franziska and her colleague at the Front Desk were very helpful in giving information on how best to go around town, and even finding us a very good local restaurant for dinner. Patience is a virtue, and that they had plenty of!

Room tip: Request for a harder pillow if you know you would need one.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mitarbeiter G, Assistant Front Office Manager at Greulich Design & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Dear Regina M

Thank you for your flattering feedback.
Day bay day we do our best to satisfy our guests and especially Franziska was more than happy to read your comment.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable stay at the Greulich.

Lea Tanner