Swissotel Zurich
$376
$316
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
$238
getaroom.com
$855
Official Site
2,397 results
All reviewsoerlikon stationtop floorle muhinfinity poolpillow menucity centrebusiness hotelconvenient locationmain stationtrain stopswiss hospitalityhotel is locatedpublic transportbusiness tripcoffee machinerooms are smallclose to the airport
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a short stopover in Zurich and decided to stay in this hotel rather than downtown. It is 2 stops away from the airport and another 2 stops away from the city centre. Perfectly located between both with easy access just at the door step. Very nice staff, had a problem with the booking which the manager on duty sorted out on the fly and offered us an upgrade on the spot. The room was nice and very comfortable. I now have an address to stay at in Zurich without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel in Aug 2012. Coming from refreshing Swiss hospitality in Zermatt, this hotel was let down.

When we went to check in, we were told 1 out of our 2 rooms were not confirmed and had been "cancelled" by the travel agent. After a lot of discussion and requests to review and search (As I knew the agent had cancelled and rebooked), we didnt head anywhere. It was late night in India and we had to finally wake up our travel agent who gave us the confirmation numbers. Turns out the booking was there, except it was in my Second and Last name and not First....HUHHHH???

So, basically we spent 1.5 hours of our valuable tourist time because the reception staff couldnt read my passport. I mean the last name was the same and my second name was their on the passport. Why or how it was booked as such, I dont know, except that the travel agent always booked me correctly in all of the other hotels, so I think something was messed up by the hotel.

My biggest turn off was that the Check in lady wasnt contrite about it at all. It sounded business as usual and it made me mad that 4 of us had spent 1.5 hours doing nothing and it didnt count for much.

Rooms - The rooms are pretty small but functional. Its a huge hotel and looked like a business hotel.
Wifi - How can a business hotel work without a free wifi? Sure, I know they work, but I think every hotel should have this free in this age....its almost ridiculous paying the obscene charges that they charge for Wifi, but in fairness, I knew about it when I booked. You can get free wifi for 20 mins if you sit close to one of the coffee shops in the lobby (I forget which one).

Fitness Centre - The pool is nice, right at the top of the 30 something stories. The Sauna needs you to be fully naked, which isnt my idea of Sauna or steam. There wasnt even a separate "ladies' time" per se. The girls at the centre were helpful enough except for their giggling when I looked incredulous. They served these lovely Bob-Bon candies which were delicious.

Location - As a lot of reviewers mentioned, the location is brilliant...away from the hustle bustle of the central district, yet just a 2-3 min train ride. There is Mc Donald's too right across from the hotel. The rail station was just across the road from the hotel and extremely convenient. Zurich itself is fun and you shouldnt miss Bahnofstrasse for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I only stayed for one night but the location is great..close to the airport yet close to city center too. I HIGHLY recommend the train from the airport to the hotel. The taxi was almost $50 for a TEN MINUTE ride!!! Also, take the tram into city center....nice ride (15 minutes and only about $7). I was a bit miffed that I am a Fairmont Platinum member and the hotel tried to charge me about $31 for internet. This is outrageous for internet...to their credit, they threw in breakfast and the breakfast buffet is outstanding although they seemed to think that I was a freak for requesting decaf coffee LOL. Internet and a taxi for almost $100..travel smart!!!

The bed was AWESOME

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Deigs
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for years, every spring, (does not feel like spring this year) for an annual meeting. It has changed little over the years. Still very conveniently located across from the Orlikon rail station. And with trams to take you downtown literally 25 steps from the door.
Clean efficient but small rooms unless you want to pay a premium, but the basic cost is reasonable compared to other hotels of a similar quality, probably because you are not downtown but much closer than an airport hotel. Take the train to get there from the airport, a cab is about 35 SF once there the tram is a good option and hotel can sell you tickets remember to validate them at the boarding point. Breakfast is included in the room rate and a very nice buffet.

Room Tip: If you like more room you can pay for a bigger room and they are VERY nice!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Swissotel_Zurich, Guest Relations Manager at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Chris G

Thank you for your feedback - perhaps we can welcome you back again next year at Swissôtel Zurich!

Warm regards, Jenny Cardinaud
Emotions Manager

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Located just across the Oerlikon train station, the hotel provides an excellent option to those on their way in/out via Zurich airport. Both the city main station and airport are just minutes away by train or tram with a stop in front of the hotel.

Upon entry you are welcomed by the very attentive staff and they take care of even the smallest question you might have. Such service is in my mind on the top 5% of the over 1000 hotels I have visited and therefore deserves distinction.

Rooms are decorated with taste and have sufficient space. Everything is in a neat order and functions well. Depending which side your room is facing you might hear the passing trains but be reminded that the service stops at around midnight until about 6.00 am so you will be guaranteed at least six hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Breakfast is plentiful and has a good variety. Reserve some time to enjoy the especially good coffee they serve!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Auvo K

Dear Auvo K

Thank you for your kind comment - to hear that we are under the TOP 5% of the thousands hotels you have visited, makes us proud ☺

I hope to welcome you back one day. Warm regards

Jenny Cardinaud