“Great Hotel - Great 32nd floor pool and Great service”
Review of Swissotel Zurich

Swissotel Zurich
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one of the best hotels in the world, beautiful place, helpful concierge and the view from the pool at the 32nd floor was breathtaking. My room had a great view but it rained the first two days I was there so couldnt enjoy it as much. The train station is right opposite the hotel which takes you near the other attractions in a short span of time. They run late so its good and cheap. you can easily book tickets for Mt. Titlis from the station or the concierge.

I was travelling from Zurich to Milan to Nice to Monaco by train and the train ride from Zurich to Milan was amazing.. Beautiful hills, cows with bells around their neck and a comfortable ride. The hotel has some ticket arrangements like these. You can find anything from a BB to an iPhone charger at the concierge and the chocolates they kept on your pillow when you check in are great. kudos to this hotel for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bhatia10
Swissotel_Zurich, General Manager at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am very glad that you had such a great time in Zurich. You seemed to have visited a lot and it is great that our Concierge was helpful for you!
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back. Maybe you can try out Christmas - some snow, christmas markets?

All the best to New Dehli,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

When it comes to service, my usual bench mark is the quality offered by the Taj Group in India,and by those standards, I was pleasantly surprised by Swissotell. The Staff was not only very well informed, they were also extremely helpful and polite. I stayed in the Swissotel for the last leg of my EUrope Trip, and it was a very comfortable and relaxing stay.

Located at Oerilkon, its the first train stop from the Airport. Since there's a train station in the airport itself, reaching the hotel (by train) is perhaps easier than reaching the taxi stand outside the airport! Oerlikon, itself is calm and peaceful, but has a considerable amount of shops and eateries around. So you don't feel "cut-off" from the rest of the city. This being said, the city centre is a 16 minute tram ride away. The bus/ tram/ train station is not more than 25 metres from the main entrance of the hotel.

The rooms are very spacious (I booked a Classic Queen) and have all the amenities one would expect. The mini bar was also well stocked. I did have a slight problem with water from the shower cubicle flowing out, but the management was quick to address this.

All in all, it a great place to stay in Zurich and i would highliy reccomend it to any traveller looking for value for money, comfort and quality service.

Room Tip: Choose a Higher Floor as there are great views of the city.
2  Thank ibishnu
Swissotel_Zurich, General Manager at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us.
I am glad that your last stop on your Europe trip was such a success and that you felt comfortable with us. If you are planning another trip again to Switzerland we hope to welcome you as our guests again.

Autumn greetings to India,

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The location of the hotel is to bad
When I arrived they weren't very welcoming
The gave us the key of the room and the elevator is over there !
Go seek for your room !
The didn't had water heaters in the room and when I asked for one they just simply said we don't have sorry !
Well I won't go for further details
Simply I don't recommend this hotel !

• Stayed: October 2012
Swissotel_Zurich, General Manager at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with us and that we did not provide you with the professional five star service we are known for. I would be very happy if you would give us a second chance so that we can prove our hospitality to you.

Best regards from Zurich,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at Swissotel for 2 nights at the end of October. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to the city centre and also to Hallenstadion, where we were attending a concert. The hotel couldn't be easier to reach from the airport - just one stop to Oerlikon station with 5 trains an hour. The hotel is located just across the road from the station. The stadium, should you be visiting there, is a simple 5 minute walk or you can get the tram too. Zurich HB (city centre) is two stops on the tram.

Check-in was easy, the clerk was very polite and efficient as were all the staff we encountered during our 2 day stay. The room was a decent size, but yes, the bathroom is on the small side but perfectly kitted out and very clean (we had one of the renovated bathrooms) with all the amenities you require (plus others available from housekeeping). The room came with a kettle and Nespresso machine + pods (which aren't chargeable), fridge (with milk for the coffee/tea), plus other mini-bar usuals. The room was very clean and comfortable, the bed a little soft for me but that is personal preference.

We'd requested a high room away from the elevators which was honoured, and we were not disturbed by the railway despite being very close to it (we are used to sleeping in a quiet environment). The only negatives were that there was a large stain/coffee spill on the carpet by the chair and, as others have said, the charge for internet is particularly unnecessary when you can get free wifi in the Starbucks in the lobby and this is why I've deducted a star.

We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but the location has several choices - Oerlikon is a small district and there are several eating options around the hotel plus a small shopping centre across the street where there's a Migros supermarket. There's also a Co-Op in the same block as the hotel. On a Sunday when the shops are closed there are a couple of kiosks in the station to get a tasty breakfast pastry and coffee whilst on the hoof.

We were happy with our choice of hotel and would stay again.

Travel from the airport: We bought a 72 hr travelcard from the travel centre in the airport for 40CHF which covers trams, buses, trains within the Zurich region plus the boat on lake Zurich and free admission to many attractions. A 24 hr card is also available for 20CHF.

Eating: Switzerland is not a cheap place but you can eat very reasonably in the Migros in the shopping centre across the street. There is a take-out area, or use the elevator from the take-out up to the restaurant where the food is good and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Request a room with a recently renovated bathroom.
2  Thank DJEngland
Swissotel_Zurich, General Manager at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear guest

Thank you for your recent visit to Zurich and for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Best greetings to Kent,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Easy accessible hotel (car, train station nearby, public transport to city center and lakes). Clean rooms, not very big but size just as you would expect from the city hotel. Service of the very high level, staff very friendly and helpful. Only down point - Wi-Fi is not free.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Daniela

Thank you for your comment about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjyoed your stay and that it was to oyur satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Best wishes from sunny Zurich,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel and I have to say I will never come back again. The lobby looks pretty and well kept but my room was a lot different: the size was extremly tiny with a waste of space in a sort of useless corridor, the bathroom was the size of a doll house and the carpet on the floor was incredibly filty with scary red spots on it that really look like blood spots. Service is nothing special and prices are very expensive. The good pro is the hotel it's located just in front the train station to the city centre but you can ear the noise of the trains till late at night and very early in the morning if your room is facing the station. Excellent heated pool located on the top floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Swissotel_Zurich, General Manager at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear guest

I am sorry to learn that our hotel did not fulfill your expectations. However, I am glad that you enjoyed our pool area. Due to the building structure our rooms are rather small and I am sorry that this was inconvenient for you. Do feel free to test our newly renovated Premier Rooms any time you are in Zurich again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay in this hotel. The staff are very efficient and really friendly. We had an anniversary here and the staff made it a very memorable one for us. I thank them very much for this. The hotel is very clean. There is a tram stop outside which will take you into the city centre. The tram trip takes about 1/2 an hour. I made the mistake of thinking that there would only be one train station in Zurich and that the hotel would be right outside the station. The hotel is opposite a train station but not the main one in the city centre. Be sure to get off at the correct one.The name of the station is Oerlikon. The enterance to the hotel is easy to find, across the street and to the right. I would recommend this hotel.

Dear guest

Thank you for your stay with us. I am glad that we could make your anniversary memorable and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure accommodating you.

Best wishes to Australia