“Sunset ”

Cafe Wuhre
Ranked #24 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Zurich
“Sunset ”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Whilst the service might be slow, who would want to rush when you have amazing view, a quaint little restaurant and the soothing sound of the river. Cute menu, great food and lovely selection of delights.

London, United Kingdom
“Nice place, poor service”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Waitress was shouting into the phone even while serving, i had to order at the counter, great location.

• Visited May 2014
South Orange, New Jersey
“Slow service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This café looks out onto the Limmat river. It has indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating was wonderful along the river. Unfortunately, everyone was smoking so we decided to eat inside. In terms of ambience and décor, I would give 4 stars to this cafe. The food is fine. My husband and I both had the spaetzle with cheese. It was a comforting dish on a chilly day. My husband had the café’s signature hot chocolate. I had the cold chocolate. The hot chocolate reminded me of many other hot chocolates. It was rich and tasty, but it was not particularly memorable. The cold chocolate was incredible. It was rich and chocolaty while still being refreshing. The poor service greatly affects this rating. Fortunately, we were on a layover and had quite a bit of time before our flight. However, if you are in a rush, this is not the café for you. It took over 40 minutes for us to get a menu – after asking several times. It then took another 20 minutes to place our order. Funny enough, once we ordered, our food came out quickly. It took a great deal of time for my husband to get his hot chocolate. We had to remind the server. In all honesty, I can’t blame the server, the café was full – both inside and outside tables. There was only one server so she was running around like a crazy person. To me, this is a management problem. The café manager needs to hire more wait staff.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Mabel8
Montreux, Switzerland
“Service is so bad!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I arrived there in the middle of the afternoon, the waitress went to mytable and I asked for a tea. She brought a minute later the menu but she didn't come for another 15 minutes to order! She was running in all the small coffee. After 15 minutes, I went to the bar and ordered. Again, I had to wait 15 minutes to get a tea.... And the tea was still expensive! On the positive side, the outdoor seating just along the river is nice. But they should give you a blanket when it's cold.

• Visited October 2013
Katowice, Poland
“Charming, lovely in old town of Zurich, by the river, delicious simple food- we had lunch , but service could be better. perfec”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Charming, lovely in old town of Zurich, by the river, delicious simple food- we had lunch , but service could be better. perfect placement by the water !
We might be returning here! Perfect to reach or just relax visiting Zurich old town and lakeside area.