All reviews fondue swiss chuchi old town great location train station small square overlooking the square restaurant downstairs christmas market no air conditioning hotel restaurant street noise noisy at night junior suite limmat river bars and restaurants complimentary breakfast
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night and quite enjoyed it. Free water and sodas in the fridge, roomy bathroom and very nice bed. Had a window that opened to a courtyard. The room had just been renovated and was spotless. We will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2014

... but my impression would be luke warm at best. I stayed one night on my own prior to meeting my husband a couple of days later. The room was large enough (for European standards), recently renovated bathroom, but lacked any charm or character. The front desk staff on my first visit was slightly disengaged - not very forthcoming with any information over and above what they would be required to provide. But the location made up for what the hotel lacked. Situated in the heart of old town Zurich - charming with all of the Christmas decorations and lights. Unlike other reviewers, I LOVED the smell of the cheese fondue! Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed for renovations when we returned a week later.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nothing to complain.The rooms and all the hotel it is very clean. The personal are so kindly.
The breakfeast is complete. Very close to tram station and others restaurants, from libanese to italian cuisine..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Location: centrally located in the old town of Zurich (called Niederdorf) - which is the other side of the river of Bahnofstrasse (main shopping street)
Value: good quality price
Service: level of service to be improved by some receptionists who should pay more attention to Clients (e.g. if I ask for some sleepers I don't expect to come over to the reception to take them but have them delivered to my room)
Room: I got a refurbished room in a Schaffhauzen style - quite original I would admit - and appreciated to have a shower with high pressure (not the kind of low volume water shower that you usually get)
Fitness: I was extremely disapointed that they didn't have a gym/fitness, which is nowadays a must for any hotel. Even a small one would have been good...
Noise: I heard a woman complaining about noise in the hotel when she did the checkout. Being at the end of the corridor, I got lucky but if you are in the middle it is very likely that you hear neighboors...

Room Tip: Choose a room at the end of the corridor (not between 2 rooms) to avoid noise of guest next door
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Hotel Adler is an easy 10 minute walk from the Zurich HB train station. It is in the old section of Zurich with lots of bars and restaurants nearby. We had a lovely room (#301) with a balcony facing a small square. The room was quite large by Europen standards and very quiet. Unlike many small European hotels, there was no waiting for the elevator. The breakfast was excellent, served in their Swiss Chuchi restaurant which is a good choice for fondu in the evening.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple