“Great Hotel, near HBf”

Ranked #67 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
APO
“Great Hotel, near HBf”
Reviewed June 1, 2007

This hotel is quaint, contemporary, and centrally located to the train station in Zurich. My wife(pregnant) and I stayed at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, friendliness, and location of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to those travellers that are budget minded but still want to feel like they are at a hotel that isnt cheap.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rooms are slightly small
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
8 Thank cameltoe19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed May 15, 2007

We had two rooms in the hotel and both were really good. One had a bigger bathroom due to there being a bath in it and not just a shower. Unlike one of the other comments we had breakfast included in the price. We had booked directly with the hotel.
I have stayed in other hotels in zurich for similer prices and found that all rooms tend to be small, the benifit of this hotel is that there is air conditioning in the rooms. Although not needed in april I really could have used it last July. I would definatly visit again.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
10 Thank Sunflowers123
California
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Great location but small room. It's a modern contempary hotel in Zurich that is walking distance from the train station & the famous Bahnhofstrasse. We were 3 adults in a tiny room that had an angular shape. It was a tight squeeze with all of our luggage, the queen bed & the roll-away-bed. As far as appearance, it was very clean with cool fixtures (the bed board lights up). Though we were disappointed that breakfast was not included (most European hotels we've stayed at include breakfast).

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Too expensive for 3 adults in a "small" room.
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
8 Thank makoligirl
SITGES
Reviewed April 16, 2007

I stayed at " Hotel du Theatre " recently and I think that it was
one of the best hotels I've ever been. From location to furniture
passing through some other aspects as room cleanliness, everything is great.

Location is quite good. I had a room on the fourth floor, so, noise
was not a problem. My room was spacious and extremely clean.
Its location is only a step away Zürich HB, maybe ONLY 60 SECONDS away, across the Limmat river and CentralPlatz. Bahnnofstrasse and Niederdorfstrasse are next to the hotel.

Design furniture was so stylish and every part of the room was
closed to the best, brand new, and I MEAN it !!! 100 % NEW Bathroom and pleasant and CLEAN carpet along the whole room.

Staff were kind enough and all my stay in Zurich was quite remarkable, in a way, due to my hotel experience. Thanks to
" Hotel du Theatre " for my pleasant stay in the city.

Breakfast is cold buffet one but the breakfast hall was very smart
and cute eventhough maybe also not big enough.

AS A HOTELIER I AM, I would be pleased that my guests eventually would ever appreciate my one as this friendly hotel.

Best Regards From Catalunya - SPAIN - !!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
7 Thank SpanishHotelier
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed March 10, 2007

I stayed here just one night, rather than driving home after couple of drinks... So, after midnight I went door to door at the few 4-5* hotels around the main train station asking for 1 special night price (most of these hotels offered CHF 260.- and up for a single room, the Hotel du Theatre gave me the single room for CHF 160.- excl. breakfast (CHF 15.-) and city tax (CHF 2.50).
The hotel is just around the corner of vibrant Niederdörfli-area with bars, clubs, shops and restaurant (not to be mistaken with world-famous and exclusive Bahnhofstrasse), jjust minutes away from the main train station.
The room given to me faced a quiet side street. Don't be disappointed when you're traveling with large suitcases: the queen size bed is almost taking all space in this tiny room. You'll find carpet floor, a large desk, small TV, inroom safe, a separate toilet.
I couldn't complain about staying here for 1 night only, having my backpack along. Room was clean and functional. Good for 1 night. Near by are other low budget hotels.

• Liked — Last minute price after midnight
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
13 Thank fkaway
Singapore
Reviewed January 21, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights - first a suite then a double room. Both rooms were beautifully designed and very clean, though the double room was a little cramped for 2. The suite was wonderful in every sense, with a skylight and huge bathroom. As others have mentioned, this hotel cannot get any better location-wise, even having the Polybahn (furnicular) station right outside. The extremely friendly and helpful staff added to the overall great experience - we managed to get an early check-in at 9am on the first day! I would definitely come back next time I'm in Zurich.

• Stayed January 2007
15 Thank calyps0
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed January 4, 2007

My husband and I chose to stay in this hotel in Zurich with our 11 month year old son. My husband arrived early in the morning ahead of us and the front office gladly took our luggage. We arrived in the afternoon by train. It was an easy stroll to the hotel from the main station. The location is excellent, literally down town. Our check in was friendly and professional. Our room was nicely decorated and the standard of cleanliness was immaculate. The room size was comfortable for the 3 of us and despite being in a busy area our room was very quiet. The bathroom was modern and the shower fantastic. The towels and linen were of good quality and soft not hard like many hotels. House keeping answered my request for tea and coffee making facilities promptly. Our baby was happy playing in the room, the furniture was safe with no sharp corners ect. In the late evening as we returned to the hotel the front office assistant was extremely helpful in giving out extra pillows, kettles and other items to guests. The breakfast in the morning was excellent with a good variety of food, the breakfast staff were polite and obliging making us wonderful Caffee Macchiato's and playing with our son, the enviroment was relaxed and friendly. Check out was problem free and the hotel held our luggage once again to be picked up in the evening. Over all our experience was very positive and we will stay there again on our next trip to Zurich.

• Liked — Location and friendly enviroment
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family