All reviewsrooftop poolthermal bathslibrary loungebeer bottleshotel guestsmeeting roombeautiful hotelnespresso machinerooms are largebusiness tripcity centrepublic transportold towntrain stationbreweryduplexswitzerland
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went for business reasons to Zurich for one night and we wanted a relaxing yet cool hotel where to stay. I found B2 in Booking.com - it was expensive but I thought that we could try a fairly new place in town, and the spa looked great from pictures.

At the check-in we had a very nice guy Raffael - he showed us the room and told us that, since we checked in late at night we could leave the room at 12 instead of 11 the day after, which I thought was a kind touch. This is a specific note to say that the rest of the staff wasn't so helpful.

Overall the hotel looks pleasant but the whole organization still needs work. The restaurant/bar is cool but the food selection is very poor, I ordered a burger, and I received a very old or frozen meat that was really uneatable. My partner tried it too, as I am not a difficult person, and he couldn't swallow it.

The breakfast wasn't anything special - that is probably the reason why they ask you to fill out a questionnaire where there is also a section dedicated to breakfast. It is a normal, typical, German style breakfast.

The spa was beautiful but again, i did not feel relaxed. There are too many regulations, you cannot bring clothes, you cannot bring any personal items, it's kind of stressful. I live most of the times in LA and things seem to be very loose there.

The room was nicely designed but again, cold. Aside from the temperature, it was end of August and still when I switched the air condition it was still freezing, the whole atmosphere was kind of strange. The only very civilized thing was the mini bar where they offer 2 cokes, one orange juice, 2 waters and one beer free of charge!

The location was actually astonishing: an ex brewery converted into a hotel. It all looked great, as I said, the main problem was the actual content and organization of the whole thing which did not really work out. Am sure they will improve

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank magicgea
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This beautiful hotel has been installed in the old beer factory in the city of Zurich. A special design has been thinking for each furniture or object. The bedroom is large and spacious with a free minibar, flat screen TV and a large bathroom with an Italian style shower. The morning breakfast buffet is served in the library lounge. The hotel has private access to the thermal baths of Zurich and pool on the roof of the hotel (see comments in bad thermal Zurich). Very professional welcome from reception to the room by a team member. Great experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you want service this your hotel. From getting out of the taxi to the front desk for check in you would think you were a long lost friend. We had to wait for our room so we ate lunch in the library, great room. Our server Karim kept up the great service. We then went to our room which was very unique in design. It was very modern and comfortable. I do wish though that it was a little cooler.

The spa was very nice and relaxing. The directions though getting from the roof pool to the spa were a little confusing. Great place though to wind down after 10 days of touring.

I travel often and the service from all individuals at The B 2 were exceptional

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is an excellent hotel, with a focus on customer service. The staff was lovely. We got a personalized tour of our room by the front desk clerk, who also brought up our luggage. Every single interaction with hotel employees was superb. The rooms are clean and modern and included complimentary water, sodas, and beer. The adjacent spa is outstanding. The breakfast is the best spread I've seen, ever. As a frequent traveler, I am stingy with praise, but this hotel deserves my highest accolades. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. I would choose this hotel over any hotel in downtown Zurich.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Although a lot of hotels claim to be boutique they really aren't. Not so with B2. This is a truly a boutique hotel. Service is amazing and the staff are genuinely happy to assist. Check in was a breeze and upon arrival the front desk clerk took our bags and put them inside a door next to the front desk. We checked in and she escorted us up to our room and explained the hotel. Upon entering our room with her the bags were already delivered.

The room was chic, comfortable and well laid out. Oh yeah and seeing how it is a converted brewery they offer a complimentary bottle of Hurlimann beer in the room. The only thing we were unaware of is on higher floors the window does not open so the room gets humid when showering, We later learned lower floor windows open, so if this is a concern request a lower floor.

The restaurant was very good for both pre dinner drinks and appetizers and breakfast. Very nice ambience with the walled bookcases and beer bottle chandelier. Service was excellent.

The roof top spa is not to be missed and very convenient for hotel quest. I will agree with some other reviewers that the roman bath was confusing and hard to get assistance, but once we found someone to answer our questions they were excellent as are all employees at B2. Oh yeah and did I mention beer, they have beer in the spa too.

The hotel is a short walk from the city center and the area is very unique and the hotel is right next to the Google Zurich office.

So treat yourself when in Zurich and stay at the B2, you'll be glad you did. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose lower floor if you want to open the window.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple