All reviewsrooftop poolthermal bathslibrary loungebeer bottleshotel guestsmeeting roombeautiful hotelnespresso machinerooms are largebusiness tripcity centrepublic transportold towntrain stationbreweryduplexswitzerland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is an excellent hotel, with a focus on customer service. The staff was lovely. We got a personalized tour of our room by the front desk clerk, who also brought up our luggage. Every single interaction with hotel employees was superb. The rooms are clean and modern and included complimentary water, sodas, and beer. The adjacent spa is outstanding. The breakfast is the best spread I've seen, ever. As a frequent traveler, I am stingy with praise, but this hotel deserves my highest accolades. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. I would choose this hotel over any hotel in downtown Zurich.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Although a lot of hotels claim to be boutique they really aren't. Not so with B2. This is a truly a boutique hotel. Service is amazing and the staff are genuinely happy to assist. Check in was a breeze and upon arrival the front desk clerk took our bags and put them inside a door next to the front desk. We checked in and she escorted us up to our room and explained the hotel. Upon entering our room with her the bags were already delivered.

The room was chic, comfortable and well laid out. Oh yeah and seeing how it is a converted brewery they offer a complimentary bottle of Hurlimann beer in the room. The only thing we were unaware of is on higher floors the window does not open so the room gets humid when showering, We later learned lower floor windows open, so if this is a concern request a lower floor.

The restaurant was very good for both pre dinner drinks and appetizers and breakfast. Very nice ambience with the walled bookcases and beer bottle chandelier. Service was excellent.

The roof top spa is not to be missed and very convenient for hotel quest. I will agree with some other reviewers that the roman bath was confusing and hard to get assistance, but once we found someone to answer our questions they were excellent as are all employees at B2. Oh yeah and did I mention beer, they have beer in the spa too.

The hotel is a short walk from the city center and the area is very unique and the hotel is right next to the Google Zurich office.

So treat yourself when in Zurich and stay at the B2, you'll be glad you did. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose lower floor if you want to open the window.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

the B2 is an interesting design concept hotel, with excellent staff -- but design is unfortunately prized higher than comfort. the suites have tiny bathrooms and closet like toilets while the rooms are large. The rooms are not air-conditioned, despite high summer temperatures, and the roof top swimming pool is tight, with no shade options for someone who doesn't want to sit in the blazing sun. Surprisingly there is no free parking even though there are numerous parking spaces in front of the hotel -- with clear towing signs. design is nice but form should follow function -- especially at these high prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Sandra O
Reviewed July 27, 2013

great spa great loacation, great service.
if u dont minf 10 min walking to citi center than u are at the right place.
please note that the spa is publice therefore it its bit busy.
dont let this spoit the stay. very recomndedm,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

HOTEL

Hotel staff were fantastic from start to finish and without exception. Front desk, lounge area and the hotel manager were all friendly, gracious and helpful. The room was cool, modern and comfortable. Had a nice breakfast and the staff assisted with transportation instructions. A five minute walk from the hotel to the Enge Train Station where direct trains to the airport are available. If you are on a 24 hour Zurich train pass in the central district, you can purchase a zone upgrade to the airport for a few extra dollars (one of the only bargains in Zurich).

SPA

I had read ahead of time that access to the rooftop pool was included with the room rate but I must have read bad information or the policy has changed. It was a 25 CHF upgrade for hotel guests for use of all the spa facilities but it is a unique experience and probably worth the upgrade. The downside to the spa facilities were the wooden staff and the confusing layout. There were no smiles to spare in the spa areas and it was difficult to get advice or assistance regarding the offerings. I'm admittedly handicapped by my language limitations but it was still a pretty stark contrast to the hotel staff. I did understand when I was barked at for taking pictures on the roof though. It is sort of a shame to have such a pool and a view and prevent people from sharing it.

I would definitely stay here again though I'd probably explore more of Zurich in lieu of visiting the spa again.

Room Tip: If you are assigned Room 106 or neighboring rooms, you might beg off. The rooms open into the hallway across from the glass paneled conference room which might make for awkward glances on a trip in your bathrobe to the spa.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple