“Outstanding!”

Ranked #6 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were so delighted as we looked up the hill and saw this hotel - we knew it was going to be extraordinary and it was! The staff were so amazing and nice and always had a smile on. The interior is super cool with a library for a dining room. As for the rooms...well let's just say they were fab! The bed was huge and very comfortable; Nespresso machine was appreciated; and glass waterfall shower was a major bonus! We had a lovely lunch as well as breakfast there, and enjoyed the amenities greatly. Great location as it is quiet but the city centre can be reached in 10 minutes. A must to stay at!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'd like to thank the warm & friendly staff at B2 for being such amazing hosts. My wife & I arrived early in Zurich after a ~24 hour journey, and all we wanted to do was burn the clothes we were in and have a hot shower - you know the feeling. As soon as a room became available the staff made it available to us, and prior to that we were seated and served breakfast by an incredibly sweet and hospitable gentleman (I think his name was Karim, please thank him again for us) in the expansive library area.

Luckily the weather was quite bad, which made the spa and rooftop pool all the better. I've never experienced spa facilities that come close to this, and it was the perfect jet lag remedy to get us into shape before a dinner that we had planned that night. The rooms, spa, lobby & interiors are all so incredibly well engineered that you get an added level of satisfaction from knowing how much thought has gone into this place. There's absolutely nothing arbitrary or accidental about the way this hotel has been put together and this was fully appreciated by me and my wife.

Thank you to all the friendly staff for being so kind and accommodating - we can't wait to come back!

Cheers,

Scott & Ash x

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Genève
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We’ve stayed at the B2 Boutique Hotel to celebrate my birthday. The whole experience was outstanding. We were very nicely welcomed by the reception staff who upgraded us to a Suite. The room was absolutely fantastic. The room itself was huge, with two different levels: on the ground level you had a big table, the bathroom and a spacious living room with a balcony. On the upper level, you could find the king-size bed with a huge TV and a huge bathtub. The decoration is very minimalistic, which fits perfectly the hotel (an old beer factory totally renewed).
We had some drinks at the bar, and as mentioned before, the service was really attentive.
Breakfast was delicious. There is a quite tasty variety choice, and you can also order freshly prepared eggs and toasts. The orange juice was fresh and delicious as well. The breakfast room is located within a huge library and with very funky chandeliers. We loved the hotel’s decoration.
The hotel is annexed to a SPA which we tried. As we were guests of the hotel, the price for the entrance was of 25 CHF. The SPA was absolutely incredible. We spent the whole afternoon on the roof-top pool, looking at Zurich. Then we did a thermal route at the Irish-Roman baths. This was totally relaxing and highly recommended.
After the relaxing afternoon, I found in the room a small birthday cake with a lovely birthday card, prepared by the hotel. This was definitely a really nice touch.
I do deeply recommend this hotel, which is in a calm place, but yet near the city centre. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you are sick of the same old same old, give this a try. You will not be sorry. Very close to town thanks to excellent bus, train and tram connections. The best roof spa ever. Don't miss it and the Roman bath in the basement is a dream.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Helensheffield66
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed at the B2 twice while traveling for work (April & May 2013), each time for one week.

The staff at the B2 are extremely friendly and helpful. They always greet me by name and remembered me when I came back for my second work trip (a month after the first one). During my first stay, I had issues with lost luggage and stolen items from my luggage, and the B2 staff helped me figure out how to file a police report and really went out of their way to make me feel especially comfortable at the hotel, even though my situation was not at all their fault.

The hotel rooms are quite spacious by European standards. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are luxurious, with heated tile floors and rain showers. One minor note: the two different rooms I've stayed in did not have bathtubs; I don't know if any rooms do, but if having a bathtub is crucial for you, you should inquire in advance.

The hotel, even when completely full, is extremely quiet. The entire building is only about 1 year old, and the place is pristine. I have not yet had an opportunity to enjoy the spa, but all of my colleagues who have visited the on-site spa & roof-top pool tell me that the spa is amazing and well worth the small fee.

There are a number of shops and restaurants within a 5-15 minute walk, but because my office is just next to the hotel, I have had less need for shops and restaurants so am not able to fully comment on the location of this hotel as a vacation spot.

Room Tip: I don't think any rooms are bad -- I've stayed in 2 rooms in different wings of the hotel an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank joshuaaa
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed May 14, 2013

really nicely renovated hotel, modern design still very personal atmosphere, the spa is great if you want to relax after sightseeing or mountain adventures. good public transport to get to the city centre

Room Tip: best to ask for a corner room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

First time in this hotel and found it very good, lovely room , large firm bed, free beer and breakfast !
Didn't get time to go on the roof for a swim - next time...
It is a short walk from Enge but worth it

• Stayed April 2013