All reviewsrooftop poolthermal bathslibrary loungebeer bottleshotel guestsmeeting roombeautiful hotelnespresso machinerooms are largebusiness tripcity centrepublic transportold towntrain stationbreweryduplexswitzerland
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Superb personell,trying to do everything to send me the pair of glasses i forgot in the bathroom. They gave us an extra late checkout so we could relax on our departure day in the spa and pool on the roof. This former brewery is a perfect spot for exploring zurich (2tram stops and you are in the center of the town) anc has a cosy clean interior!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank pimvanvelsen
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here recently for a couple of nights and really enjoyed it. A few things before I get started - I chose it because it was close to the Zurich office of my company and they offered a corporate rate, so I can't really speak to the cost.

The location isn't central but it's a quick ride from the central train station on the 13 tram, though you do have to walk a few minutes, including up-hill on cobblestones, or up a steep staircase, from the tram stop. It's a very quick 2 or 3 minutes on the tram to the lake, and about a 10 minute walk to Sihl city shopping centre. I would hardly say it's far away.

The service was impeccable, the staff is friendly and helpful and attentive. The room was big, super modern and very clean. They have some of the nicest towels I've gotten at a hotel in a long time (plus if you go to the spa they provide you with another set!) The bathroom is new (the whole place is new) and my shower had the interesting feature of being all glass so that you could still watch the TV if you wanted :) (There were a curtain you could pull around in case you wanted some more privacy). They had all the toiletries you would need which were actually of decent quality.

There is plenty of hanging space, a safe, and a mini-fridge (the contents of which were complimentary).

There's free wi-fi in the room, though if you want to be able to download anything you'll have to pay for faster internet.

The morning breakfast was fantastic, lots of options and you get to sit in the 'lounge' which is this amazing space with floor to like 3 story walls filled with books and elaborate chandeliers made of old beer bottles (it was once a brewery).

The Thermalbad spa is just 25 CHF for a day pass and it is so worth it - but I'll review that separately :)

I will be traveling to Zurich again soon and I hope I get to stay here again!

1  Thank Marichan623
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at the B2 Boutique Hotel since it's right near the Zurich branch of my office, and I enjoyed my stay. The women (it was mostly women) who ran the hotel do a great job: they're very attentive and speak nearly perfect English. For example, it rained most of the time I was there, so they offered umbrellas to those who they noticed weren't carrying them. They also had great breakfast spread that went till 10:30am, which was fantastic for the mornings I wished to sleep in!

The rooms themselves were pretty nice, too. They're all decorated in the modern-industrial kind of style, with lots of white and textures. The bathrooms were small but functional and well designed; the rain showers were a plus. The beds were very comfortable and the double-bed was NOT two twins pushed together, which I still occasionally see in Europe. One pet peeve I have is that there's not much room to put your stuff: there's no drawer space and the hanging area has only about 4 hangers. If you're doing a night or two, this isn't an issue, but my husband and I had over a week's worth of stuff for two people and that meant it was tough to stay neat.

For true tourists who want to be "in the middle of it all" they may find that this hotel is a bit far. It's a pleasant 20 minutes to the main Zurich train station (Zurich Hauptbanhof) in the center of town, or 10 minutes by the trams that run regularly right near by. Also it's on the top of a hill, so it's a bit of a hike if you're not driving up to the hotel. I like being a bit farther off from city center myself, and I loved the exercise, so I didn't mind--but for travelers with motion issues, it's something to be aware of.

Finally, it's part of the Thermalbad Spa, which is a pool and baths complex. It costs $25 to get in, which is discounted off the usual $55 rate. This grants you access to a rooftop jacuzzi (by which I mean a jacuzzi that takes up literally the entire roof--with 270 degrees views overlooking Zurich, wow!) and to the Irish-Roman spa, which are a sequence of baths and steam rooms that are housed in the barreling area of an old brewery. Two things to note: All instructions are in German, and also, to access it you need to go down to the front desk dressed in your bathing suit and hotel bathrobe/slippers (you can't bring your own towels/robe) to get the wristband that allows access. I might not take the trip specially to do this, but since it was right there, it was definitely worth it to experience since it was right in the hotel.

Overall, I had a fine experience!

1  Thank mkf52
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I spent 4 nights at this unusual hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. The B2 is in a former brewery (Hürrlimann) and next to Google's Zurich offices. It's a 10-minute walk from Bahnhof Enge and you have to know where it is. But once you get there, it is worth the effort. Rooms are spacious. The breakfast buffet is perfect. Staff is very attentive. But the best is that it is sandwiched between a splendid rooftop pool and underground spa and pools.

2  Thank David H
Reviewed June 7, 2012

On a beautiful spring day in Zurich I made the mistake of walking the 10 minutes with my luggage from the station to the hotel, it was OK until the last 50 metres which is along cobble stones, up a good set of steps or a steep winding driveway, either way, not the best access - get a cab if you have luggage.

In the lobby the contemporary fittings draw you through in to a stunning library. Soaring around you are shelves amassed floor to ceiling with 30,000 books. Looming Chandeliers made of green bottles light the space.

Check-in was a breeze, absolutely fantastic service. Although my room wasn't ready until 2pm I was more than happy to explore the area surrounding, I stumbled across a fantastic little shopping and entertainment area about 5 minutes away called Sihl City with department and retail stores and bars.

On return to the hotel, the clerk took me all the way to my room which didn't disappoint, high ceilings, an inviting bed, Nespresso machine. A light breakfast was complimentary in the dining area the following morning. Free wifi.

From an amenity perspective there is no gym/fitness facility however there spa is amazing with a rooftop infinity spa overlooking Zurich and roman baths in the cellar. (tuesday is ladies day - sorry guys no access on this day)

This is a quiet, boutique hotel catering nicely for the boutique market. In typical Zurich style, this hotel manages to maintain elements of its history an blends is with contemporary styling throughout. Enjoy it while it still feels new!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business