My Wife and I only stayed for 1 night, but were very impressed and would stay there again if we (hopefully) return to Zurich.
We had a lovely corner room with Lake views, however there was an apartment building opposite which looked directly into our room. Room and bathroom smallish, but more than satisfactory.
Yes, it is hard to find and the lift is tiny which makes it difficult moving bags. Also, when we arrived by taxi no one was there to help with our luggage. Having said that, the reception staff are very friendly and otherwise extremely efficient. Upon arrival we were offered, either a glass of wine, tea, or coffee. A nice touch.
The location of the Hotel is fantastic, close to shops, restaurants, etc. And the rate for such a Hotel was very competitive.
Breakfast was probably the main disappointment. One of the most limited range that we experienced in our trip through Europe. As well, the lady serving in the Breakfast Room was not friendly at all.
Overall, we can certainly recommend the Helmhaus for your stay in Zurich.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look forward to Zurich’s smallest and most centrally located hotel. Each of our 24 rooms has just recently been completely renovated. A high quality design interior, comfortable bathrooms in warm colours, an individually adjustable air condition system for the summer time and new sound-proof windows promise a relaxing sleep.At the Hotel Helmhaus history and modern comfort connect in a remarkable way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Helmhaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmhaus Swiss Quality zürich
- Hotel Helmhaus Swiss Quality