“Nice place near the lake”

Lady's First Design Hotel
Ranked #16 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Akureyri, Iceland
“Nice place near the lake”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We wanted a hotel near the city centre but away from the traffic and noise. This was the choice. It is in an old renovated house. Our room on the third floor had a glimpse of the lake. The floor was a bit sloping as this was a very old house. The bed was excellent. Breakfast good. Tram stop just a couple of blocks away and the same distance to the lake. There is good sized safe in the room.

Room Tip: The sloping floor, about 1 degree inclination) can be troublesome. I wonder why they did not take ca...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shree50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Loved our experience here!
The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood several minutes from the centre by tram.
Staff were super friendly, the beds were comfortable, the rooms large, the shower was pampering and breakfast was pleasingly Swiss.
I'd stay here again the next time I'm in wonderful Zurich.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm Sweden
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice simple hotel in a pleasant area close to the lake. A bit unusual glass wall bathroom built in a room but works ok. Wooden floors might be a bit noisy. Breakfast buffet is sufficient. The staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
Zurich
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lovely. But it would be nice if they had some time for men to use the upstairs facilities. Be considerate of other guests - the floorboards are creaky. Location good, walking distance from town, also frequent trams.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for business occasions as the hotel is near an office and the lake! The building has full of characters; nice mixture of old (historical sense) and new. Very quiet and so I could sleep very well until some other guests come back middle of the night with some noise...
As the building is from a good old time, the sound insulation is not like the top-quality modern buildings.
Yet, the hotel is aware of the noise issue and so they ask guests nicely to keep quiet as much as possible. I personally think that this is simply up to guests' manner and I appreciated that the hotel tried to do everything to ensure good stay for their guests.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at Lady's First Design hotel and enjoyed my morning lake-side jogging during my stay.

Another point I would like address as a nice part of this hotel (and probably many places in Switzerland);
I left my belongings in a safe-box... simply forgot that I had some stuffs there.
But the hotel rang me within a few hours and informed me that I left my belongings in a safe-box.
Fortunately, I was staying few more nights in other part of Zurich and so I could go back to pick them up... they kept my belongings until the evening. Thank you!

It is sad to say as I liked my stay at this hotel but, I have not returned to this hotel again as I notice the rate went up dramatically... (but this is Zurich... what can I say...?)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business