“Very nice hotel in a nice area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lady's First Design Hotel

Lady's First Design Hotel
Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Very nice hotel in a nice area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

Two adults and two kids ( a year old and a 3 years old), one night in Zurich. Ok so it's expensive but it's nice, and it's Zurich where pretty much everything is expensive. The staff was irreprochable, the room was great. They sorted out everything in our room for the children before we arrived. The neighbourhood is lovely with the lake and nice restaurants very close to the hotel. We will go back there for a treat, but still for a middle class family it costs a bit too much to stay longer...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Very helpful service. Let us come down to breakfast a little earlier to catch our flight. Quiet location, but good for trams. Large, impressive rooms. Excellent breakfast, particularly recommend the cappuccino. As everywhere in Switzerland, not cheap but excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jsstbs
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Hotel is far from the city, so it's really quiet. The room is clean and big space.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
wayne, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

The website looks great and it has #7 for a Zurich hotel. Wow, was I disappointed. There was no porter to help bring luggage to the room. The hotel is oriented towards female guests, although there were male guests. The front desk staff was unable to help with directions because "they don't drive cars". The rooftop bar is female only. No problen except I'm a male and was not made aware that preferential treatment is offered to women only. For CHF 294/ night I expected equal opportunity. Doors close at 11pm and you need your key to get in after that. No room service. Breakfast include-average at best. They indicate a view of the lake, but I couldn't see it. Maybe from the roof where I wasn't permitted. There must be better hotels in that section of Zurich- especially if you're a male guest. Poor value for price. I would not recommend!!!

Room Tip: Find a better hotel elsewhere in Zurich
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RonK53
Direktion_1, Manager at Lady's First Design Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear Tripadvisor Member, dear guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We regret very much that you do not belong to the circle of our many satisfied female and male guests.

Our name is really unusual and points to our unique concept and the LADY'S FIRST is operating in a hotel and integration. We are committed to social integration and provide jobs for unemployed women in need who are looked after by a female professional team and supported. This provides employment with full guidance and helps re-integration into the job market.

As a hotel of three star categories, it is not necessary to have a night porter; instead we have a very good cooperation with our neighbouring hotels which are belonging to four star categories, and where the night porter passed the room key even to our guests.

We are so sorry we could not satisfied with our service. Your criticism gives us reason and motivation to keep up the training of our staff. Especially for a small, independent hotel company as we are we wanted to uphold our friendly service in the future.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

I can't really comment on the hotel itself as I only got to see the hotel lobby before being told that there was no room for me! Despite having booked in advance and turning up at 2pm on the day of check-in - apparently my room was already taken!!

To make the situation worse I was told that they had booked me at their sister hotel in the city centre (not near the lake where I actually had plans for the night) and not even at a comparible hotel. In fact, in transpired the hotel they booked me in to is actually not even classed as a hotel on trip advisor - but instead a hostel style box, with no desk in the room (I'm here on business) and with builders and the stench of paint throughout - though my FAVOURITE part of the hotel they sent me to (said with total sarcasm) is the "hotels" guidance on prostitution in the room!!! Thankfully it said it was not acceptable but still i don't want to be in the type of hotel where the cliental would need guidance! (That's the hotel Marta by the way)

So back to Lady's First - well they certainly put this Lady WAY behind first. The way they told me about the problem was appalling - offering to give me directions to get via public transport to get to their "cheaper" sister hotel. It wasn't until I kicked up a fuss that any form of compensation was offered. In the end settling that they would pay for my taxi to the other "hotel".

I should add in closing that I did not stay at the hotel Marta - I took one look at the prostitution guidelines and decided I'd be better off elsewhere. (So then spent two hours tralling the streets of Zurich to find a hotel with free rooms)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank carrie_business1
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

nice location, easy and calm atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, I liked the bathroom and the bed. the room was a bit small, but still fine. I read some reviews complaining about the the wooden floor - honestly, it didn't disturbed me at all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Vevey, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

10 mins from the Opera House and 1 from the lake, nicely renovated 100 year old house
did not fulfill my basic needs: sleep and food
Thin wooden floor so you can hear your upstairs neighbour's EVERY step. I fell asleep at 2am when they did
also breakfast starts at 7:30 (on Saturdays?) and I had to leave at 7:20 to catch a plane
and the price speaks for itself, although typical Zurich ripoff

• Stayed March 2011