“Worst indian restaurant in Zurich...”
Review of Kormasutra

Kormasutra
Ranked #790 of 1,944 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Worst indian restaurant in Zurich...”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had lunch at Kormasutra - the price at CHF20.- for lunch buffet is really good, but the buffet is very small (two meat dishes, four vegetarian plus green salad). The food was eatable but not good.
Service seemed extremely unmotivated.
The interior of the restaurant is really nice, they could do much more with this! I hope it's better in the evening !!

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
“Best value for money”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Lunch buffet....Best value for money . really good food. ..nice owners..good Indian music...with authentic Indian food..must give a trip atleast once when in zurich

• Visited September 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent Indian restaurant , home away from home!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Reached Zurich after a 3 days stay in Venice and a 7 days Mediterranean cruise on RC. Kind of tired of eating the bland food, pasta , risotto and cheese.
Hunted down this place which is quite in the middle of the LIMMATQUAI.
Absolutely loved the ambience , the old hindi songs in the background , absolutely fantabulous chicken tikka masala , veg curry , dal fry. I have to make a special mention about the garlic nan which was really amazing. The garlic paste was very subtle and the nan itself very soft.
I found the staff Tanu to be very helpful and interactive in placing the order and taking care of us inspite of the restaurant being quite packed.

Needless to say we ate there several times in the 3 days we stayed there.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kiran S
Bengaluru, India
“Extremely Poor Attitude and Below Average Indian Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Being an Indian, I can confidently say that this is a restaurant which serves very poor Indian food. And on top of that the attitude of the owner and a young guy at reception is extremely poor.
When we (myself and my wife) entered the restaurant it was almost empty and we spotted a table (which was a table for 4) which had view of the street outside. We expressed our interest to take this particular table but the owner said that it is already reserved. But to my shock no one occupied it till we left (we came at about 9:30 pm and left at 10:30 pm). At the time of leaving we mentioned to owner that no one has come till now and he could have given the table to us To this he said they are still awaiting people who reserved the table. By now we were sure that he was lying and I said that its very late for anyone to come for dinner to which he blatantly said the truth that he cannot give a table of 4 to 2 people (even if it remains un-occupied!!!!). This was very silly and rude.

Coming to food, i think the prices are too much. A normal chicken curry will cost 26-30 Swiss Francs which is very expensive. The taste of food was below average. I ordered for Butter Naan. They had applied some local Butter on Naan which never melted and was very salty. They could have used some Indian butter.

I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Shashank S
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I visited Kormasutra with my husband for the first time. Ambiance was friendly, visitors mixed from couples to groups, from all nations. Food was delicious and not oversized. Waiters were friendly. Price was rather expensive but worth it. We will come back.

Visited August 2013