“A must-try”

Kormasutra
Ranked #682 of 1,891 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Zurich, Switzerland
“A must-try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place is a good place for soul food. They have some good meals, and a noon-buffet every weekday...

The staff is super friendly, the decoration is nice, the atmosphere is cozy and the location is in the center of Zurich...

I recommend it for couples, friends or solos...

Visited August 2012

• Arabic first
zurich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been there twice. Once on a weekend for dinner and the second time for lunch on a week day. I liked the food. I am aware that evenings and weekend costs more. But the price was acceptable for the lunch on the weekday. Decor was modern, comfortable and relaxing. I like the table next to the window side.
But please guys, try harder on the service part if you want to survive. A little smile, politeness will take you a long way. Doesn't matter if you don't speak good German. What counts is a warm welcome, good service and good food. You've got a great location. Smile please!

Denver, Colorado
“Owner has to work on his attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

As mentioned by many other on here, the food is ok, but how they service you in there is simply unacceptable. You need to pay for EVERYTHING that you order additionally, also.

I was totally put off, that no rice came with my dish. Asking for it, I got a snobbish answer like "you did not order it, so you don't get it". Additional rice costs CHF 6.-!!!

There is no way I will return back to this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank thenitai
Zurich, Switzerland
“Ok-ish Indian restaurant...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Kormasutra is an ok-ish Indian restaurant, average service, good food, kind of small portions, rather expensive.

• Visited November 2012
Vienna, Austria
“Good food but CHF 5.50 is too much for still water”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food was fantastic, the service was good, the atmosphere was good, but we were put off that the restaurant refused to give us a glass of the wonderful Zurich tap water for our two year old. We had to pay for a bottle of still water, which seemed excessively priced at 5.50 CHF. We were not the only patrons who felt this way. A group of three Indian patrons sat down at the table next to us. After they ordered water while studying the menu for their food order (thinking they had ordered a single bottle), the waiter brought out three open bottles of this 5.50 CHF water. So they got up and walked out. I cannot say I blame them. Overall I liked the meal, but when a restaurant overreaches on water -- for a two year old -- and when the adults placed a drink order, then I cannot give a positive review.

• Visited October 2012