Hotel St. Josef
$298
$253
$430
  • Restaurant
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
$238
$282
$251
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold towntrain stationmain buildingno air conditioningheavy bagslarge roomquiet streetan expensive citywithin walking distancebreakfast was includedyogurthard boiled eggsshort walkacross the riverwould definitely stay here againhotel is locatednice breakfast
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was impressed from the moment I entered the reception area of this lovely, small hotel. The girl on reception was so welcoming and showed me to my room which was in a different building to the reception.
The room was more of a suite than a room with all the essentials you would expect and more, including a small fan as it was so hot when I arrived. Free Internet access was included. Breakfast was also included and there was a good selection.
Again the staff at reception could not have been more helpful even advising I catch the tram to the airport to save money rather than use the shuttle service they offer.
Location is perfect for a visitor to Zurich too. It is just on the edge of the old town with some lovely walks and there are plentiful restaurants within easy reach too. The airport is a 30min tram ride away and the railway station is a 10minute walk.
Just a couple of points to note which visitors should be aware of : a) If arriving by train with heavy bags and walking to the hotel be aware there are quite a few steps up to the hotel road. There is a slope which is easier if you follow the wall further along. b) be aware that there is a street down to the main restaurant street opposite the hotel which is frequented by ladies of the night from the evening on. You can avoid the street easily should you want, just take the next one along, and they are easily spotted although not pushy. I was a man on my own and apart from a "good evening" and a wink that was all that was offered.
To summarise if I return to Zurich I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper and you like the window open I would ask for a room at the back. I was in a room on the street and with the windows open there is quite a lot of noise. Luckily that is not a problem for me.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

True to what everyone says, Switzerland is expensive. Zurich is no exception. When deciding on where to stay for our one night in Zurich we opted to "slum it" in a 3 star hotel due to the costs involved staying somewhere premium. We chose the Junior Suite at the Hotel St Josef based on TripAdvisor reviews and its close proximity to the main train station. We were not disappointed. The room was a great size, with a small balcony to enjoy the outdoors. The welcome at reception was very warm and were personally shown to our rooms. The free breakfast in the morning adequate. The Wi-Fi was excellent.

The only negative we could possibly say is that everything about the room felt 3-star. The decor was a little plain. The couch was comfortable but not fall asleep comfortable. The bed too was not perfect but still managed a decent enough sleep. To be fair to St Josef, we had just come from a 5-star stay in Munich. In saying that though, our 3-star stay in Paris was more comfortably furnished.

As we weren't prepared to pay through the roof for somewhere fancier for our one night stay in Zurich, all in all we checked-out satisfied with our stay at Hotel St Josef.

Overall - 4
Sleep Quality - 3

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DinkyDiDinks
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Hotel St Josef. The hotel is very well located, close to the Zurich ETH (University) and hospital and very close to the historical and touristic area of Zurich. The access by tramway from the Zurich Airport is easy (5 minute walk from the stop).
The welcome is warm and kind. My room was nice, large enough with a good and free wireless access. One drawback: no air conditioning. The weather was superb during my stay in Zurich, with temperature > 30 °C. The fans in the room were not sufficient, and it was the opportunity to sleep with all the windows open!
Good breakfast, on the terrace.
All together, a good 3 stars hotel, but expensive as always in Zurich

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hotel St Josef is an amazing small hotel walking distance to city centre. It is located on a very quiet street and parking is available at a very reasonable rate.

Our room was very comfortable and reasonably sized for a European hotel with a clean functional bathroom. Wireless internet is available free of charge through-out the hotel.

Breakfast was also included in our rate and it was really good - mostly continental but plenty.

Very friendly and helpful staff - got maps and discounted city card at the reception.

I have really nothing negative to say and I was really surprised to see that there are several reviews that rated this hotel "poor" or even "average".

I definitely recommend this hotel in Zurich as most likely the best quality/price ratio.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AH042
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The location is just amazing as it is in a very quite zone while being very near to the old town. Totally worth the money. The room and service were also very good leaving us with no reason to complaint.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple