“Incredibly Expensive for what it is ...”

Savoy Baur En Ville
Ranked #94 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Sydney, Australia
“Incredibly Expensive for what it is ...”
Reviewed November 22, 2007

I have stayed at the Savoy for business twice ... and can safely say i will never do so again.
It is very expensive, with tiny rooms and more expensive services. I could give several examples, each small in themselves, but for example; I wanted a taxi to the airport - there is a taxi rank literally across the street ... however the concierge directed me to a hotel car "... it's nicer but will be the same price and we can put it on the hotel room bill ... " which ended up costing me twice as much as the taxi from the airport to the hotel when I arrived ! I suppose they figure that if you have enough cash to burn to stay there in the first place, then why not go the whole hog !!!
As i said, burn me once and it's your fault, burn me twice and it's my fault, ... I'm not going back for my third stay !!!

Stayed May 2006
1 Thank Andrew F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed January 15, 2006

I decided to post this review of the Savoy Baur En Ville since there were no reviews for this hotel on TripAdvisor.

This is an average sized 5***** hotel, very luxurious with an impressive lobby and first class staff. I stayed there with my family for two nights in Jan 06 in a Junior suite. The Junior suite is as big as a well sized hotel room in the US, therefore I would imagine the regular rooms to be rather on the small size... as in most downtown hotels in Europe. The location of this hotel is unbeatable, right in the center of the famous shopping street Bahnhoffstrasse, a few minutes walk to the lake... 10 minutes away by foot to the train station and a few minutes away (in another direction) to the old city.

The hotel has two - rather small restaurants - the main one on the first floor (for breakfast and other meals) and the other, accessed from the sreet is an italian one. We only had breakfast at the hotel.

It is definitely expensive, but if it is luxury and convenient location you are after then it is a good choice.

• Stayed January 2006