“Good selection of rooms”
Review of Limmathof

Limmathof
Ranked #91 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed one night; staff is very friendly and could choose between room quite, very quiet or not quite but with nice view. As this was our last night in Switzerland we choose the view. At the end wasn't that noisy! I wouldn't have breakfast there as it is very very basic. WiFi doesn't work in the room :( that's why I only give it 3 stars :(

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2013

You’re already spending a lot of money in Switzerland; why make your hotel an added expense? This hotel is not luxurious, but it is more than acceptable. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. The location is perfect. You will be about half way between the train station and the main city center. I was very happy with my hotel choice and my stay in Zurich.

Room Tip: Consider asking for a room in the back. The main street on which this hotel is situated is a little...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've only been to Zurich once, but if I go again I would definitely stay here. Incredibly good value in what is a very expensive city. We were just staying one night, arriving and departing by train, and the location was perfect; just a short distance from the main railway station and close to the Altstadt where we planned to spend most of our time. The reception was friendly and efficient and there was no problem with our leaving our luggage in a secure room the next day. The room was clean and tidy and we had a good view overlooking the river and the trams. Very quiet at night. It was a shame that wi-fi was not available in our room, but only in the ground floor common area, but, all in all, a thumbs up for this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Thorkellthetall
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been travelling in and out of Zurich for the last 31 years and Hotel Limmathof is the only hotel I have ever stayed. It is perfect in every way. It is a short walk from the train station, has a wonderful continental breakfast ( the coffee is fabulous), a great restaurant, the rooms are clean , and it is on the edge of the beginning of Old Town Zurich. I have found the staff friendly and courteous and the busyness of the hotel tells you it is a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Front side rooms can hear noise from the people leaving bars in Old Town sometimes. Back side of hot...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura C
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Rooms are small but clean. Bathroom good size but on the top flood the water pressure for the shower was barely enough. The room was very hot without aircondition (>30 °C) but that is properly only a problem a few days a year.
I mainly missed WIFI in the room. I could connect in the lobby, but the year is 2013.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Clean,basic budget hotel with great location near the main railway station and on the limmatquai itself.wi fi is free in the lobby and the breakfast is worth the extra cost.staff were helpful and friendly.Good supermarket on bridge opposite for reasonably priced food and drink for picnics as food very expensive in Zurich.

Room Tip: Had a triple room for 3 of us which was roomy and although faced the street ,good double glazing sto...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 499hamster12
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Pretty low end hotel but by normal standards very expensive and not good value. It is really a kind of hostel; a bit like an extremely expensive YMCA, but the rooms are en suite, so I suppose it has the edge. I see some other reviews suggesting the price of Euro50; and for that price it is adequate. I was charged Euro100 and at that price it is terrible value.

The place is well locationed for the main railway station and that is why I chose it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo