“just for sleep in expensive city like Zurich!”

ibis budget Zurich City West
Ranked #106 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Milano, Italia
“just for sleep in expensive city like Zurich!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would recommend this hotel only for sleeping.
Is perfect if you are more than 2 people and if u share your room will be more cheap.
The rooms are really clean and the bed are comfortable.
The bathroom hasnt windows but for me wasnt trouble.
The cheapest price is without breakfast.
Definitely a pretty good place in an expensive city like Zurich; if u need to save money Ibis Budget City West is the place!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pomodoro_Head

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night! The room is small but we are ok about it! Since we just want to sleep there! The wifi is very good. Stuffarevery helpful! Even help me to print out my boarding pass for free. They are friendly! The location is very close to the tram station. We are happy to be there. If u want to have a romantic or luxury time, then u should not come to this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zeoki722
Manuel-Manager, Manager at ibis budget Zurich City West, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear zeoki722,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and that we could gladden you by printing your boarding pass. It will be a pleasure to welcoming you on another occasion and we send you best regards from Zurich-West!
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 3, 2013

With the Ibis Budget hotel, you know exactly what you're getting - the basics for a very good price.

The bed is comfortable, the room is clean, everything works and, certainly for me, there is no convoluted check-out procedure where you get to hold a superficial conversation about your stay.

The shower is basic and the number of towels is limited (I assume a room is prepared the same whether one or two guests are staying).

It's not a place for a romantic weekend in Zurich unless you're on a budget. I would not take my wife here if we were staying in Zurich, that's for sure!! My use of this hotel is solely for when I am alone and paying for a Zurich hotel myself! But absolutely no complaints for a place to rest my head and shower - 9 hours occupancy is my trend!!

Room Tip: Most rooms seem fairly well soundproofed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Los T
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having travelled through Europe now for over a year, I really like staying at Ibis's. You know exactly what standard and quality you are getting. This particular hotel was perfect for us. It was only a 10-15 minute walk to the HB or a few tram stops if you prefer using the tram (stop Technopark, tram #4). The bed was comfy, the shower was great and hot - especially when it was well below 0 numerous nights we were there!

Reading some of the reviews below, I don't know what people except - they are booking a hotel with budget in its name? If you want to stay at somewhere more luxurious, the Novotel or Ibis (red) are in the same complex. But then you will pay more than double and possiblly triple at the Novotel. Zurich is expensive. The Ibis Budget City West was perfect. All you need is a bed, shower/sink/toilet, tv and warmth - and that is exactly what the hotel provides. If you want more, then don't book here - simple. You cannot compare paying say USD$100/night in Zurich, with paying USD$100/night in Budapest or Vietnam - they are completely different markets. Zurich is EXPENSIVE.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank g_to_the_bo
Manuel-Manager, Manager at ibis budget Zurich City West, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear g_to_the_bo,
Thank you so much for your comments about the ibis budget Zürich City-West as well as for your thoughts about budget hotels in general. We are happy to hear that you found a welcoming and decent "home" during your travel through Switzerland and that we could warm you up not only with our shower but also with a smile of our staff:). Best regards and travel save.
Belle Mead, New Jersey
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Maybe I'm spoiled but for over $100 a night I expected much more than this. I know Zurich is an expensive city but this amounted to little more than a hostel with private rooms. The rooms were absolutely spartan, with a tiny TV, cheap plastic furniture, cold vinyl flooring and no soaps or towels. I won't say anything about the breakfast. Many people are OK with these kinds of accommodations but I just can't justify that price. In the end I wound up changing hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kramden88
Dear Kramden88,
Thank you for your review on our ibis budget Zürich City-West. I am glad to read that we could convince you in terms of cleanliness and service in our house. Your comments about our pricing are surely taken in consideration as well. All the best for your!
Manuel Fajardo

Travelers are raving about these Zurich hotels

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was booked for me by work. when I saw the word "budget" I should have realised but I could not believe it... In reality I thought it was owned by Ryanair, as it has a new meaning to the word Budget.

Opened the door and the room was so small. Looked for somewhere ot put clothes - No wear apart from three hangers.. not good when you have a jacket, three work shirts and casual shirts. There is a "shelf" to use the laptop with a plastic stool which looked like something from a kids nursery. The sink is in the room, and the toilet has no lock on the door... ok as you know the person you are with but you still want privacy. There is a place right next to the toilet where you have to put the door key/card - coming out of the toilet during the night I walked into this and have a massive scratch across my bag (picture to follow). THe toilet seat was also dirty at the back which I had to clean before using.

The bed consisted of a matress which was so hard, a piece of plywood for the base, and four legs. The pillows... well I used both myself so luckily no one else was with me.

To make it even worse - I was not told that the breakfast area was being renovated when I booked - I was on the fifth floor and still heard the drilling .... We had to walk outside for breakfast then back in to collect my bags for work.

So I have been living in a youth hostel, no I think they are better, out of a suitcase for three nights... Awful... never again... I was due to do two more stays this month here but have cancelled and moved to one further outside the city but better value .... about 30CHF more per night but better quality.....

Never again...

Room Tip: Could not say as I am on the 5th floor and still hear the drilling from ground floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manuel-Manager, Manager at ibis budget Zurich City West, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Paul K,
Thank you for taking to time to give us your feedback on your stay here at the ibis budget Zürich City-West. I'm sorry that our rooms did not meet your expectations and most importantly, that the toilet wasn't at the hygienical standard we strive to provide everyday. You give us the possibility to improve ourselves in the future, which we appreciate very much. Best regards
Moscow
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Don't expect something extraordinary from this place: it is perfect for transit passengers and staying for 1 nite only. Rooms are clean and brand new, stuff is not annoying. What else u want for this money?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends