Excellent classic hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, complimentary drink during check-in and bottle of water during check-out (lady at reception offered me help with buying ticket to the train even), location can't be more perfect - the hotel places literally 1 minute away from central railway station, ~10 minutes of train ride and you're in Zurich airport. My room was on the second floor with window looking at street and tram stop, but I haven't heard a thing (which is my recurring problem with some hotels in Helsinki), so one shouldn't be afraid that trams or trains will bother ya, they won't. Rooms are perfectly equipped, over 120 TV channels (in many-many languages + radio), free tea and coffee, excellent WiFi etc. etc. etc., I would give 10 out of 10, but there was some strange experience, too.
Before my arrival I've asked via e-mail if I will need adaptor for Swiss sockets and not only I got quick reply, but adaptor was awaiting for me in the room. But: a) it wasn't working (maybe I did something wrong, although I work in electric business and deal with more tricky things than simple adaptor) b) the next morning (and by 'the next morning' I mean 9 hours after my arrival) housemaid took it away causing me to be a little bit confused (during check-out the reception staff was confused as well, since I couldn't give 'em back the device). Complimentary fruits were gone too. I am not sure if I was supposed to eat them all immediately or maybe it was done with some purpose. I've tried to speak to housemaid about both of these matters, but she didn't speak English at all (the other ones who I've dealt with spoke very good English, much better than mine, for sure). Unfortunately the next day almost the same thing happened - after cleaning the room all papers which I left on the table were gone, including copy of my insurance (which I always leave in hotels on the case of emergency), my personal notes written on hotel's notebook, city guide, newspaper and railway timetable. Well, maybe there are some requirements for staff about what to do during cleaning process, but I just hope they'll correct it a little bit. What's on the table - stays on the table till a guest leaves the hotel. If I wanted to threw away my newspaper or timetable - I would've put it in the bin. I know there's a safe, but closing railway timetable in safe is something that I would never think about before. Aside that, no problems at all and if there was any - they've been solved ASAP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich, part of WORLDHOTELS, is an exclusive 4* superior Hotel with an excellent 5* service at the best central location in Zurich. Opposite the main railway station and at the beginning of the famous Bahnhofstrasse. Shoppingstreet, financial district, the lake and the old town within walking distance. Every 10 minutes direct train to the International Airport of Zurich (10 minutes journey time). Very quiet thanks to triple glazed windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schweizerhof Zurich Hotel
- Schweizerhof Zurich zürich