“Amazing stay”

Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich
Ranked #9 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Schweizerhof in Zurich for a few days in December on holiday before we went skiing and it was absolutely amazing! Stunning rooms with lots of space, friendly staff, amazing breakfast and happy atmosphere! Definitely a must for anyone.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've visited Zurich for the New Year Eve, and stayed for four lovely days at the Schweizerhof Hotel. The hotel staff was very kind, and helpful. The breakfast at the Restaurant La Soupiere was delicious. I love their fresh breads and cheeses. The room was comfy with an awesome view to the main station and shopping street. Starbucks is just across the street from the other side of the hotel, that I can see it from my room windows. Coffee maker in the room + little pieces of chorale, fruit basket, and free bottle of water. The day of my arrival when i came back to my room at night I found a red XMAS slippers with pieces of chocolate and a lovely letter from the hotel management.
Most importantly, the hotel is just in front of the main central train station. it took me only 15 minutes ride from the airport to the station. The hotel also offer complimentary escort from the train station to the hotel. The day I checked out they offer me free bottle of water at the reception + chocolate and an escort to the train station.
I loved my stay at the Schweizerhof Hotel, and definitely would not stay anywhere else when I get back to Zurich.

Room Tip: I choose the deluxe room and it was a good sized room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have stayed in Zurich a few times but this is the first time staying at Hotel Schweizerhof. From the first entry to the hotel the service was exceptional. We had used a railway luggage trolley to take our luggage from railway, which is just over the road, to the hotel. The porter, without request returned trolley for us. Check in quick and efficient. Room well appointed and comfortable. Chocolates, fruit. Facility for tea. Dining for breakfast and dinner well worth using their facilities. Huge meals, could buy one and share!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Schweizerhof Hotel for the third time and it is a great hotel. Service is top class and the breakfasts are very good. The situation opposite the main train station is very convenient. We also liked th extras such as the snacks and drinks in the foyer. Gandkfromoz

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our original hotel had double booked us and sent us here instead, which turned out to be great as it was much better than the previous hotel. It was situated right next to the train station and near the main part of town which is very convenient and easy to take train to the airport with your luggage. Very clean and would recommended, however it is rather expensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very central - very friendly staff and great decor -breakfast was great - large variety and choice
Of dishes. Staff we're very friendly and cooperative - nothing was to much trouble . Just across from central train station and large shopping centre - lots of eateries and restaurants

Room Tip: Our room was great. Very roomy and bed comfortable and treats at bedtime. Much appreciated . Would...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Schweizerhof is an old-fashioned and understated hotel located by Zurich Station. Be warned - your first impression will be very underwhelming.Indeed it has such a small lobby that you think you have turned up at the wrong hotel.
Sadly I had a really bad start - my room stank badly of stale cigarettes. I instantly complaned to the porter and he told me that all the rooms were non-smoking and suggested I opened the window to let in some air! As it was a cold, snowy night I was unimpressed by his solution.
So I went downstairs to complain - only to be told that I was in a designated smoking room and they were happy to move me straight away. So in this instance, the porter simply could not be bothered to deliver service. Given that this hotel was over $500 a night, I remain very unimpressed. My second room was fine, quite old-fashioned but perfectly comfortable (excellent bed) but with a very weak shower.
For the same price I could have stayed in the Hyatt - a much better and more modern hotel. However I would like to commend the front desk staff (who are great), the comfy and clean rooms and the location.

Room Tip: Aviod the smoking rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business