I was recently in Switzerland on holiday and chose this hotel for part of my trip. The service in this hotel is phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal. In fact, it is as good or in most cases better than any five star hotel I have stayed in around the world.
Check In - When I arrived, I was provided with a warm towel and a bottle of water. The gentleman who checked me in was very friendly, professional and efficient. He provided me with a map of the city and also answered my questions regarding day trips. I am bad with names but I believe he said he was from Indonesia.
Housekeeping - I called Housekeeping for a couple more hangars and an iron and they were delivered within 3 minutes. When the gentleman arrived he even offered to set up the ironing board, fill the iron with water, etc. Very impressive. Housekeeping kept my room very clean.
Turn Down Service - I happened to be in my room one night when the nice lady (originally from Sri Lanka) came to provide turn down service. I asked her questions about Switzerland and she took the time to visit with me. I really appreciated this. Once again, very impressed with the service.
Breakfast - Breakfast was very good and the entire staff was friendly, professional and efficient. The mature gentleman who I think was probably in charge was really making sure everyone was attended to. Coffee was brought to the table within one minute of sitting down. I recommend the Eggs Benedict. Once again, top notch service.
Fruit Basket - I have been in hotels where you might receive a fruit basket on the first night but never EVERY NIGHT. This was big surprise. Plus, there was chocolate in the basket which was very nice.
Shoe Shine - Left my shoes in the shoe bag on the door knob overnight and in the morning they had been polished. Free of charge. This was a nice surprise also.
Room - I had the larger single room and it was plenty spacious. It never felt cramped. I liked that there was complimentary water left in the room every night. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice.
Butler Service - Every night a butler travels the hotel with a trolley of complimentary candy, yogurt, etc. I was out of the hotel most evenings sightseeing so was only able to enjoy this one night. Very unique idea.
Wake up Call - I set my wake up call on my last night so I could make it to the airport. It kept going off but I didn't think anything of it. I just kept putting the receiver down. I was up and about getting ready. Next thing I know there is someone knocking at my door because he was afraid I overslept. Impressive.
Location - Right across from the train station so very convenient. Don't worry, about the location. The train station in Zurich is not like other major train stations in Europe. It is extremely clean and safe. This hotel is also right at the top of Zurich's exclusive shopping street.
To top things off, I received a discount for booking the rooms on line with the hotel. That was a nice surprise when I checked out. Upon leaving the hotel, I was provided water and chocolate. I could go on and on about this hotel. I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it. This hotel is on the more expensive side but it is worth very penny (franc). They cannot do enough to make sure your stay is pleasant. That is what staying in a nice hotel is all about. Good job to all. Everyone I encountered (bell hops, housekeeping, doorman), etc. all were pleasant.
Tip: There is a grocery store (Coop) right near the hotel. This was convenient for buying some last minute souvenirs, chocolate, wine, water, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich, part of WORLDHOTELS, is an exclusive 4* superior Hotel with an excellent 5* service at the best central location in Zurich. Opposite the main railway station and at the beginning of the famous Bahnhofstrasse. Shoppingstreet, financial district, the lake and the old town within walking distance. Every 10 minutes direct train to the International Airport of Zurich (10 minutes journey time). Very quiet thanks to triple glazed windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schweizerhof Zurich Hotel
- Schweizerhof Zurich zürich