“Diamond stars for service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich
Ranked #7 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Jakarta
“Diamond stars for service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I have been to Zurich several times but this is my first time we stay at Schweizerhof, because my friend recommended it. Stayed there for 4 nights and didn't wanna leave. its a small and warm hotel, with a very friendly staffs. They were trying so hard to make you feel at home. The rooms was quite big for European standard, and the bed was absolutely comfortable, with automated reclining for head and leg. They provide abandon bathroom amenities, and always refill everyday. My favorite of all was butler service. Every evening a very nice old man rang into my room, offer my husband and me a variety chocolate and fruits.. I love him so much... ;) Breakfast was a small variety of food but the staff will be gladly to provide you with anything you want. there was one incident in our room when electric kettle made a short circuit and turn off the electricity in our room. A quick respond form the duty manager, and after he figure it out that the broken kettle was causing this, he replace it with the new one and for the sorry gesture, he gave us a free two cups of coffee from the room service.. Nice...Fast check out, only make a phone call to the reception, and they prepared the bill right away,.. thank you Andy. The location is in the center of everything, near central station, taxi stand, bus and train stop. Just along the corner you can find bahnhofstrasse, the main street in Zurich which is full with branded stores, dept store, pharmacy and restaurant/cafe.
Maybe this is a four stars hotel, but truly a diamond stars for service... I can not wait until my next trip to Zurich, definitely will stay at this hotel again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank icha_aq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Since the hotel, in which I use to stay in Zurich, was fully booked I had to choose another one. I've chosen Hotel Schweizerhof and haven't regretted about my choice. Very comfortable hotel with friendly and helpful staff is located just in the business center of Zurich - near the central railway and on one of the central streets - Bahnhofstrasse. The way from the aeroport to the doors of this hotel takes about twenty - twenty five minutes. Thus, Hotel Schweizerhof is very suitable for those who come to Zurich on business trips or for the shopping purposes. But it's a bit noisy for the romantic trips or travelling with children.

Room Tip: "Deluxe" rooms are very comfortable and luxury
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our family had a wonderful time and your staff was amazing! The service from the front desk, to your resturant and bell captian and maides were outstanding! We will be back! The rooms were very clean, nighty service of chocolates, fruits were wonderful. The free breaksfast was fabulous I look forwaed every money for by basket of breads, cheese, jams an fresh fruit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cyndi g
Waitsfield, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I walked into this beautiful lobby and was greeted with a glass of champagne, smiling and helpful staff, and a warm welcome. My one night in Zurich was perfect, thanks to Hotel Schweizerhof. Minutes after I walked into my lovely single room and put on my robe and slippers, a staff-member knocked on my door to offer me complimentary swiss chocolates and fruit from his cart. In another five minutes, a second knock on my door presented me with a thank-you fruit basket and card for choosing the hotel.
I wandered down to the bar on the main floor and had a wonderful light dinner at the bar served by a lovely bartender who spoke at least 4 languages and chatted with me in French.
After a run in the morning along the lake, I was handed bottled water by the front desk.
Breakfast (included) in the dining room was amazing.
And on check-out, I was thanked again for coming, and given chocolates and water for my trip!

Room Tip: Had a great view of the city of Zurich, and the room was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank cwhite114
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Our flight from US arrived early (10 am), and were allowed to go ahead and check in to our room. It was so nice to be in the room, and rest after the long plane ride. We were surprised to have room attendants come by 3 different times to make sure we did not need anything. They brought us fresh fruit on one visit, chocolates and yogurt on another visit, and finally offered shoe shines. This was all included. Our breakfasts were excellent. Eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit, lots of fresh breads, etc. Champagne at breakfast! Location was directly across street from train station. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. We ate a light dinner in the bar, and it was good- cabbage soup was wonderful.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street. There was lots of activity to watch, but it was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This 4 star hotel easily rates a 5 star in my book! We stayed here recently and found the staff very welcoming. From our amazing host Helmut in the dining room who made us feel extra special never even using a menu to order. He made sure we tried all the local favorites including the white asparagus - yummy! Helmut is a "star " and obviously has a passion for his work claiming he doesn't really work, he just welcomes guests into his living room! Melanie at the desk was most helpful with restaurant and sight seeing advice. I especially enjoyed the pleasant man who would offer evening treats via cart service each evening. The tangerines and chocolate treats were especially delicious! I would definitely recommend this hotel. First class all the way!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathy K
Parkland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was our first trip to Switzerland so we wanted a convenient and comfortable hotel. The hotel is extremely clean and the location directly across from the train station was perfect after long days of sightseeing. The beds were comfortable and the room was extremely quiet. Despite being in a busy part of town, we didn't hear any noise at night. The evening butler cart was a cute touch- offering magazines, chocolate, etc. Breakfast was wonderful- lots of breads, cheeses, fruit, cereals, etc.
If I had to pick one less positive aspect of the hotel, I would say the front desk staff is a little "stand offish." For example, they could be a little more outgoing in terms of suggesting dinner venues or sightseeing ideas. However, if you ask them they will tell you; they are just not quite as friendly/talkative as you may expect.
The price is also quite expensive but given the location and comfort of the rooms, it is to be expected.

Room Tip: Ask if an upgrade is available. We did and were granted a much larger room (junior suite) than we ha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple