I get why Schweizerhof-Zurich is #1 on this website. Based largely on TripAdvisor reviews, I just stayed at Schweizerhof for 4 days, while visiting Zurich first for a short conference and then for 3 days of holiday. All the upbeat reviews I read turned out to be accurate: the location is terrific, the staff attitude and friendliness are marvelous; the breakfast buffet is first class (mounds of smoked salmon, omelettes to order and endless champagne) and the rooms are well-furnished and elegant (if small by U.S., but not European, standards). I even found the price a decent value -- given the soaring Swiss franc and in comparison to other Zurich hotels.
I took a peek at some of the competition. The Baur au Lac is in a different class and, if you're a tourist, at the wrong end of Bahnhof Strasse. The Dolder Grand is on the edge of town.
Given my delight with the Schweizerhof and its great location and service, I know I will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich, part of WORLDHOTELS, is an exclusive 4* superior Hotel with an excellent 5* service at the best central location in Zurich. Opposite the main railway station and at the beginning of the famous Bahnhofstrasse. Shoppingstreet, financial district, the lake and the old town within walking distance. Every 10 minutes direct train to the International Airport of Zurich (10 minutes journey time). Very quiet thanks to triple glazed windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schweizerhof Zurich Hotel
- Schweizerhof Zurich zürich