Just stayed in Wahlhalla hotel with my 18 year old son for 4 days in the middle of July. The only down side to this hotel is the lack of AC and I knew about it when I booked it and thought the temperatures woudl cooperate but unfortunately for us Zurich, for all 4 days was at about 31 deg Celsius and our room on the 5th level was rather hot and sleeping was uncomfortable BUT, despite that I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I ever come back to Zurich, will most definitely pick this for the following reasons:
1. The staff is beyond friendly and nice, the hotel is a Utopia of intelligent, helpful, proactive, service oriented and absolutely lovely people. One example:
When we were leaving the city, we were flying out at 7:45 AM and were told by Delta airlines to be at the airport 3 hours before. The hotel staff did not just call us a cab at 4:45 but very convicingly explained how this would be too early of a departure and that we should leave no earlier than 5:30, since our breakfast was included in the price and we were leaving before they served it, they packed (proactively, we did not ask for this) a lovely breakfast of croissants, yougurt, fruit, water, etc) to take to the airport. Not only was this a really sweet gesture, but prices in Zurich are shockingly steep and to purchase the same breakfast at the airport would have likely cost us 40CHF...... Needless to say, the advice was completely accurate and we had plenty of time to get to the plane.
At every instance of a question or a request, they met it with fireworks of enthusiasm and intelligence and I was truly wowed by such an overwhelmingly great attitude.
2. The convenience to the train station (which is a mall and a restarunant hub as well) is unbelievable.
3. If you book a bus tour, the meeting spot is right outside the hotel door.
4. Breakfast buffet was amazing with terrific choices of every food. My most favorite two things about it were the mini sunny side up eggs heating up in cute individual egg pans and a lovely selection of cheeses and yogurts, but they likely have something for everyone to love.
5. Our room was not as small as I would have anticipated, there was some room to move around.
6. The fans the hotel provided worked very well for circulation air (it was still hot but of course this was not the hotel's fault).
7. The hotel was immaculately clean and the beds were very comfortable.
8. The hotel was close to any areas of interest in town.
9. This hotel was expensive compared to other cities in Europe but in my extensive research it was reasonable for Zurich and with the price one paid, you got a reasonable deal and including the cost of breakfast (it was included in our price), it made the value of this hotel unbeatable in my opinion.
10. Very pleasant and charming decorum, clearly it has been designed and thought about by professionals with very good taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our central location in the heart of Zurich, just a few steps from the main station, we offer the ideal location for you to do business or spend the weekend in Zurich. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Walhalla Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walhalla Hotel zürich