“Good hotel in a good location”
Review of Walhalla Hotel

Walhalla Hotel
Ranked #39 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Burgdorf, Switzerland
“Good hotel in a good location”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Good hotel in a good location. The rooms and bathrooms can be rather on the small side, but are very clean and comfortable.
I use this hotel for eary morning flights from the airport (15 min by train). The staff give me a packed breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear mrcheddar.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about your last stay in the Walhalla Hotel. I really appreciate that you mentioned the connection the the Zurich Airport. From door to door it is not more than 15 minutes. So we call us an airport hotel. With our breakfast boxes we try to make your trip a bit easier. I'm happy that you enjoyed it!

I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon.
Kurt Wodiczka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tremona
Reviewed October 29, 2013

When i come to Zürich I always try to book a room in this Hotel. Only if it's fully booked go for another one. Nice staff, clean and silently. Wlan for free and rich breakfast buffet! The Hotel is situated in the city center really close to Railway station.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Andyt7820.

It was a pleasure reading your positive feedback. Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. This helps us a lot and is a real motivation for the entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the Walhalla Hotel or even our Walhalla Guesthouse.

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I agree 100% with others that say this hotel is in a great location. It is a very short 2 minute walk to the main train station where you can catch trains to all parts of Switzerland. There is a tram that stops right next to the hotel and the bus terminal for most of the local excursions is right across the street. You can buy transportation and excursion tickets at the front desk.

This hotel may be rated a 3 star but I think the staff is 4 star quality. Thank you Valentina, Angela, Diana and Toni for being friendly, great with information about things to do and catering to our needs.

The hotel is an older hotel and a less is more kind of decor but is very clean. I stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks (2 weeks for business and 1 week for vacation). Since it was just me initially my first room was a single room facing the street. Yes there was normal street noise if you had the window open. I had my window open almost the entire time and had no problems sleeping. Closing the window will shut out the street noise.

This hotel doesn't have a restaurant but is connected to one (literally) and a Starbucks. It does serve breakfast in the morning which I recommend. I did order room service from the connected restaurant just to try it and got a hamburger with fries for about 23 CHF ($25 US). It was a decent burger (size and taste) and the price was in line with other eating establishments in Zurich. I preferred to eat cheaper for equally as good food at the main train station and in some of the smaller locations I travelled to since I spent most of my time on the go sightseeing.

When my wife arrived they transferred us to a double room right next door to the single room I had so the move was painless. The bathroom is only big enough for one person getting ready at a time. This room was also very clean.

When back in Zurich I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MeAndMyLens
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear MeAndMyLens.

You made my day! Thank you very much for your nice and detailed feedback. Valentina and I just read it and we appreciate the time you spent in writing this wonderful comment. We will definitely share this with the whole team.
I'm happy that you wrote about the roomservice, because we just spoke with the Restaurant Manager to intensify our cooperation. From now on we will serve the whole Restaurant menu via roomservice and our guests can easily charge it to their rooms. The next time you will be with us, I will let you try the Walliser Rösti, you will love it.

I wish you and your familiy a wonderful time and hope to see you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hotel is in a great location. 2 minute walk from the station, across the road to the main bus tour departure point. Main shopping centre is the other side of the station, so very close. Lake is only 5-10 mins away and old part of town is 5 mins away.

Hotel was very clean and appeared to have been renovated recently. Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Breakfast was always kept topped up, food was fresh and was everything that you would expect from a cold breakfast.

All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were in 510 which faces the back of the hotel, which was good. Only downfall could be for some pe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sandra T.

Thank you very much for your feedback here on Tripadvisor. Our engineering and our housekeeping department are very much focused in keeping the product up to Standard. I'm happy that you recognized it and that we exceeded your expectations. I will definitely share your comments with the team and hope to see you again at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2013

One of our key selection criteria for this hotel was its proximity to the main Zurich station. The hotel is a quick walk from the station.. We had booked two rooms; and ended up at the hotel at 10 AM. The staff was accommodating and gave us both rooms. The rooms were conveniently located on the same floor. The rooms were clean, one of the rooms was very spacious, and overall appeared well maintained.
The staff is knowledgeable about the local attractions and has a tie up with the tour operators across the street--which allows you to purchase tickets conveniently (we did not try it though). Their breakfast spread is really good, and the servers are caring.
Overall, a very good visit for the short time we spent in Zurich (we were there only for one night).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank N P
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear N P.

I'm very happy about your positive feedback. Thank you very much for takeing the time to write that comment on Tripadvisor. The location is one thing but not a guarantee for a convenient stay. This is why I'm very proud of my team, that we were able to exceed your expectations.
I wish you all the best and hope to see you again.

London, UK
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Good location, close to the main station and a short walk to the city centre. We had a recently decorated room, with an excellent bathroom. The public areas were also clean and well maintained. Breakfast was good, although very busy when we went. Staff were very friendly. Good wifi and cable tv.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Markle1.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the breakfast. Unfortunately sometimes it gets a bit busy in the breakfast room and then we try to use one of our conference rooms to increase space. I hope that I will have the chance to welcome you again in the Walhalla Hotel or our Walhalla Guesthouse.

Miami
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Walhalla is conveniently located 3 min walk from the train station. Inside the station there is a grocery store and restaurants. Across the street it's the tour bus station.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The room was big and cozy. Wi-fi connection is a little slow but free.
Breakfast items are good and plenty from cereals, breads and pastries to cheeses and cold meats. Also selection of coffee, tea, juice and milk. The staff is very helpful and nice.

There are restaurants and shopping stores within 15 min walk.

I would recommend this hotel for business, couples or adult groups.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear KaPui.
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor with us. I saw that you already rated a lot of hotels which means that you are a frequent traveller and this fact makes me even more proud about my team and our achievement. I wish you a nice time and I hope that we will see us again at the Walhalla Hotel.