“Great service and hotel!”
Review of Walhalla Hotel

Walhalla Hotel
Ranked #36 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Miami
“Great service and hotel!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Walhalla is conveniently located 3 min walk from the train station. Inside the station there is a grocery store and restaurants. Across the street it's the tour bus station.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The room was big and cozy. Wi-fi connection is a little slow but free.
Breakfast items are good and plenty from cereals, breads and pastries to cheeses and cold meats. Also selection of coffee, tea, juice and milk. The staff is very helpful and nice.

There are restaurants and shopping stores within 15 min walk.

I would recommend this hotel for business, couples or adult groups.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear KaPui.
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor with us. I saw that you already rated a lot of hotels which means that you are a frequent traveller and this fact makes me even more proud about my team and our achievement. I wish you a nice time and I hope that we will see us again at the Walhalla Hotel.

All the best

Kurt Wodiczka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a fantastic time in Zurich. The location of this hotel is ideal for anyone travelling via trains. The tram and train station is just out the front. The breakfast was yummy and the food was varied. The price in Zurich is comparable. We loved the hotel and would stay here again.

Dear Travelingaussiechick.

Thank you very very much! The Walhalla Hotel is "Your Gateway to Switzerland and your Business hub to Zurich". A better location to explore the city is difficult to find in Zurich and trains to all parts of Switzerland are reachable in less than 3 minutes. But the Location is not the only advantage we have and I'm happy that you mentioned the breakfast and the price which is always a sensitive topic. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again in Zurich.

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed September 28, 2013

You start looking on Expedia and for Zurich you can find every day hotels for $1,000 a night!!
I felt for what we paid for the Walhalla Hotel.it was a bargain. A nice room on the second floor that was plenty big enough. A nice little sitting area and the room also came with WIFI. The bathroom was nice and even though we were on the second floor the room was very quiet. A great location next to the train station and an easy walk anywhere in town. It was about 15 minutes to the lake to take a cruise. The morning breakfast was very good and very filling. Enjoy the coffee there as when you stop by Starbucks a venti coffee was 7.80 Swiss Francs. Over $8 USD for a large coffee. The staff is friendly, the location is great. I would highly recommend anyone to check this Hotel out if they were going to Zurich.

Room Tip: If you are given the choice of a room with or without breakfast always go for the breakfast. You wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Norm_from_Seattle.
Thank you very much for your very good feedback. I'm happy that you enjoyed the stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations. In the last few months we tried some different breakfast set ups to offer a better standard and I'm glad that you liked it.

I send you my best regards and hope to welcome you again.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the Walhalla. The many positives included (1) short walk from the train station which makes handling your luggage very easy, (2) basic but well-maintained rooms, (3) excellent buffet breakfast included in room rate manned by pleasant young ladies, (4) right across the street from city tour meeting point, (5) good value alternative compared to more expensive hotels. The negatives included (1) pillows are too soft, (2) not real friendly front desk staff, and (3) door to room does not have a deadbolt or security latch. The Hotel also requests that the room key be left at front desk when leaving your room, which is fine, except that there is no id check upon your return, especially when the front desk staff changes. I'm not sure what prevents someone from walking up to the desk and asking for a room key that is sitting in the room slot. Also a few rooms on the top floor, including ours, had a sloping ceiling where the bed is located which made getting up from the bed quite challenging. All in all we had a pleasant stay at the Walhalla.

Would stay at Walhalla again but would request a lower floor to avoid the sloping ceiling.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room with a sloping ceiling that could be hazardous when getting up from the bed.
2 Thank berniel7
Dear Mr. Berniel7.
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I really appreciate the time you spent to share your experiences. I'm happy that you mentioned the pillows as this is something we already worked on. We bought some different types of pillows last week and now we are able to provide our clients the prefered pillow. Your comments regarding the breakfast I already shared with my team -they enjoyed the feedback too and it is a real motivation for all of us.
The Walhalla Hotel has only 48 rooms with a lot of returning guests and a very small reception team. Due to the fact that every customer is asked to leave the keys with us, everytime they leave the hotel, we interact a lot with our clients and this gives us the chance to recognize our clients more than in a hotel with 100 rooms or more. We have cameras in all public areas and take this sensitive issue very seriously.
Again, thank you very much for your comments and I hope to welcome you again in the Walhalla Hotel Zurich

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Single room is small and simple, but is spotless and more than adequate. Great location near the train station, halfway between the area with the best live music and the historic district. Very friendly and helpful staff. Does not have A/C, but this wasn't a problem in September. Room was very quiet with window closed, quieter than average urban setting with windows open. Great value. I'm always torn on how to rate a hotel like this. Its definitely excellent for a two-star hotel. But, average when compared to all hotels. So, I compromised on Very Good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Gary_Hartland.
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback especially for housekeeping and cleanliness. I will share your comments with the team. Thank you also for mentioning the missing AC. Unfortunately (good for the hotels without AC) there are only a few days during a year where it might get hot in the rooms. For these special days we put fans in our rooms to lower the temperature.
I wish you all the best and hope to see you again in the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Nothing of expecial to remember but this Hotel is a quite simple but confortable solution for staying in Zurich. Located downtown, 2 minutes from the Main Railway Station. Rooms are clear and the brakfast is well arranged.
I woud suggest this Hotel and I will come back here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Maxim P.

Thank you very much for your comments. I'm happy that you enjoyed the stay with us and that you positively mentioned our breakfast buffet. We changed a lot in the past few months and we will continue in all areas - I promise!

I wish you all the best and hope to see you in the Walhalla Hotel.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 7, 2013

More of a college dorm than a hotel room. Very disappointed. And at 220 Swiss francs, really overpriced!! Actually, I take it back about the dorm. It's more like a tiny stateroom on a ship. But with a bigger porthole. Which you'll need, as there's no air conditioning. So open window onto the busy noisy street below. Good luck sleeping.

Room Tip: good luck finding a good room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sebastian D
Dear Sebastian D.

Thank you very much for your Feedback. I really apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations in the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich. Unfortunately all our Single Rooms are about 10sqm to 12sqm and that is why we offer this room type at a very competitive rate for the Zurich market. Please let me know if you plan to come to Zurich again, than I would like to show you one of our Comfort Rooms. All our Comfort Rooms are bigger than 24sqm and some even have a balcony. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact me anytime.

I wish you all the best and hope to hear from you.